Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TOPPS REDEMPTION NOT
 Login/Join

posted
well its almost 30/6/2014 the date when my topps redemption card expires .its only been since early 2011 that I have tried to exchange it but no luck. they do not even replie or even acknowledge the redemption or my claim exist any more what a bunch of monkey f*****rs they are.

Posts: 312 | Location: united kingdom | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
What was it a redemption for?

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
it is a framed jake lamotta fight worn material

Posts: 312 | Location: united kingdom | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
How is that possible? Did you take a copy of the redemption before you mailed it away? Does it have anything to do with the fine print? I see you are in the UK, sometimes manufacturers will only honor redemptions in certain countries,along with those expiration dates.

I'm just trying to figure out why they won't redeem it or offer any explanation for not redeeming it. Even if they don't have the item, they have to replace it with something else at some point,unless they are declaring the redemption invalid, but they still have to give you a reason for it.

I only dealt with Topps customer service once on a missing hit and I got a replacement in good order. Can't understand why you are getting ignored for so long.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
you only send in the code ,I registerd it . they gave me an account and said it would be sent out. then after a while they said they never got the item from the source but would replace it with another similar one. I waited again regually contacted them ,they just kept saying be patient. eventually when I try to log in to my unique account it has been deleted so I e mail only to get no replie then sent several registerd letters no replie ?

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's bad. I only registered redemptions online one time for a couple of redemptions from Mortal Instruments, not a Topps product. It went very smoothly, but they had the cards on hand obviously.

So you still have the card with the code, that should count for something. Topps might have made a mistake and redeemed on the code or they may have double sold the item somehow. No matter what, somebody owes you an explanation and some kind of replacement.

Maybe the post here will catch their attention. No card collector wants to hear that a manufacturer won't honor redemptions, it could happen to any of us.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, this happens often with Topps and Upper Deck. My sport card friends have told me all kinds of stories about redemptions.
A few months back I got a card from Upper Deck. It was a redemption I got when I was bored and bought a few basketball packs with friends. The redemption was from 2010! Since then the player no longer even plays in the NBA!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
Unfortunately, this happens often with Topps and Upper Deck. My sport card friends have told me all kinds of stories about redemptions.
A few months back I got a card from Upper Deck. It was a redemption I got when I was bored and bought a few basketball packs with friends. The redemption was from 2010! Since then the player no longer even plays in the NBA!

That's wild, UD hasn't even held a major sport card license for about two years now.

Many years ago I made the mistake of buying a UD redemption at a show because I wanted the autograph card of a high rated baseball rookie. I paid around $40 and mailed it away.

After a couple of months I received an autograph card from another rookie in the same set and a letter that the first card was unavailable and here was a comparable replacement. Problem being, I really got a $10 card that is worth about $2 now. Big Grin

See when they say comparable, it does not have to take into account secondary market value, just that it is a similar card in the same product. It's like if you got a beautiful sketch that was torn in half and the company replaces it with any common sketch in the same product. To them, a sketch is a sketch. Just as to them, an autograph is an autograph. If you paid more for it as an individual card, that's between you and the seller.

That is why I would never recommend that anyone buy a redemption unless you know for a fact that the actual card is being mailed out. It's bad enough to pull a redemption, but to pay money for a card that does not yet exist, and may never exist, is too big a risk when you have no guarantee of getting comparable value.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of willgull
posted Hide Post
I recently opened a pack and got a redemption for a soccer player. Problem was, the ink had faded and pulled off from the sticker it was printed on and was unreadable. I contacted the company and they told me to photograph the code, email it to them and then they would open an investigation to see if it was a real case or bullpoof. I did not send it in nor did I do anything with it.

If you offer redemptions in your product, please know that willgull will not spend his hard earned currency on it. Too much other stuff out there to get involved with.

Posts: 809 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
it gets better I tried twice more via e- mail to contact them no response.
so I used someone elses e-mail and name to the same contact they responded in 15 minuets with a number (I just said I had an issue with a redemption)they said replie via email with the card code .and they would get straight back.
I did and now nothing in two days again is it because it flagged up the card I wonder as they responded quick enough to new name and e- mail ?

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Maybe. I'm still thinking that some how or other they closed out that code number in their system, so the merchandise is marked as sent. Or it could be that they just off loaded it with many other unclaimed items.

Or it could be something entirely different, but Topps needs to tell you why they are not redeeming the code for you.