Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Star Trek Classic Movie design autograph question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Trek Classic Movie design autograph question
 Login/Join

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted
Over the several series that the classic movie design was used for Star Trek cards I have a general question about the numbering.
Was 50 ever made?
Are 57,83 and 107 the only cards with cards with the same number?
After inflections are there any that are numbered past 148 beside the 17 no numbered cards?
Thanks!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Guess I don't completely understand the question.

There is an A50 Shatner card (multi case incentive) if that is the design you are referring to. Ruskin was A50 in the Skybox set.

One of my very few complaints with RA is their numbering (or lack of) system. Especially when they decide not to post autograph card photos on random sets at scifihobby.com.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I am counting only 5 Star Trek Movie sets, all from RA. They were 2007 Complete Star Trek Movies, 2008 Star Trek Movies In Motion, 2010 Quotable Star Trek Movies, 2011 Star Trek Movies Heroes & Villains and 2019 Star Trek Movies InfleXions.

All the information is correct as far as I have, except with InfleXions. Card #50 was not released, cards #57, #83 and #107 had two different signers each and all numbering has ended at #148 so far.

The only thing I don't understand is the 17 no numbered cards in InfleXions. By my list there are actually 54 unnumbered autograph cards released in Inflexions. Now I am counting all the different styles signed by all the signers, including the bonus autographs and the silver bonus autographs, but not any different inscriptions that may have been done, since that is still the same card to me.

Posts: 10381 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I was likely a little confusing using my own terminology, Mydude. Rittenhouse has been using a purple background on the back on movie cast autograph cards through several series. I call it the "classic Movie design".

Thanks to you, I now know that A50 does exist! A multi case incentive I was forgetting about.

Raven confirmed with what I was looking at with the double numbering.

Thanks to you both.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
The number on that A50 Shatner 6-case incentive must have been added to the checklist later on because I had it on my sheet, but as unnumbered.
I had the A50 slot as unreleased too, so thanks mykdude for pointing it out.

Posts: 10381 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
Thanks. I was likely a little confusing using my own terminology, Mydude. Rittenhouse has been using a purple background on the back on movie cast autograph cards through several series. I call it the "classic Movie design".

Thanks to you, I now know that A50 does exist! A multi case incentive I was forgetting about.

Raven confirmed with what I was looking at with the double numbering.

Thanks to you both.

Thought that might have been what you were referring to. A50 has been in my collection for several years. Wink

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post