Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OTB Day 2015
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of batmancity
posted
Hi there
The next Open That Box day is around the corner, is there any word on when this event will be held this year ? Late May ? Can't wait for it !

Posts: 597 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by batmancity:
Hi there
The next Open That Box day is around the corner, is there any word on when this event will be held this year ? Late May ? Can't wait for it !

I believe it is May 31st...

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Can't be May 31st. That's what it was for 2014, but OTB is always on a Saturday, which would be May 30th this year.

However the OTB date has not been announced on Card Talk, so it just isn't set yet. It doesn't have to fall on the same date every year, it's just around the same time on a Saturday.

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Can't be May 31st. That's what it was for 2014, but OTB is always on a Saturday, which would be May 30th this year.

However the OTB date has not been announced on Card Talk, so it just isn't set yet. It doesn't have to fall on the same date every year, it's just around the same time on a Saturday.

Sorry... I found this and thought it was for this year.

Open that Box Day...

If I remember correctly, in 2013 the OTB was May 11th... a Saturday... Twak

But they could do it on a Sunday... Shake it up a bit. Bouncey

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Yeah they could, I think it's always been a Saturday because some people can't keep boxes closed and they go out shopping on OTB day. Wink It could be in June too, I guess we'll find out when the post goes up.

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Yeah they could, I think it's always been a Saturday because some people can't keep boxes closed and they go out shopping on OTB day. Wink It could be in June too, I guess we'll find out when the post goes up.

I keep forgetting certain things... Confused

Now after thinking about it, OTB day has always been on a Saturday as far as I can remember.

I guess we will have to wait to see when it gets announced.

Picture of monkeyafterdark
posted Hide Post
I'm new to the OTB thing. Are there rules to follow? Must it be a box that I've had on a shelf for years? Or will any box do? Old or new.
Or am I already assuming too many formalities?

Posts: 154 | Location: Belgium | Registered: September 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Any sealed/unopened product, old or new, will do and it can be more than one box or premium pack if you like. Some people put a side stuff during the year and others just go out and buy at the last minute.

The official thread for this year has not been opened by Harris, so the date is not known yet. It's not formal at all, just a fun way to get people to open boxes on the same day and post the breakdowns in one place. Smile

Picture of monkeyafterdark
posted Hide Post
Good to hear that, Raven.
It's just that I seem to be incapable of leaving a box sealed on a shelf somewhere for more than a week. And I've tried. I really have. Smile

I'll be one of those last minute purchasers of boxed surprises then. Bring on the official date and thread!

Posts: 154 | Location: Belgium | Registered: September 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Hi All:

We'll do Open That Box 2015 on Saturday, May 30 this year.

Monkeyafterdark~ As Raven said, a new or old box will be fine. We do try to encourage people to open a box they've had lying around a bit but any box will be fine. And as the day is shortly after the Philly Show, we encourage collectors who are able to attend Philly to pick-up a box at the show.

By the way, if you'd like to look at the page from last years, here's that link. It explains a good bit more about the going-ons of the day. Thanks!

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of batmancity
posted Hide Post
Great news !

quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Hi All:

We'll do Open That Box 2015 on Saturday, May 30 this year.

Monkeyafterdark~ As Raven said, a new or old box will be fine. We do try to encourage people to open a box they've had lying around a bit but any box will be fine. And as the day is shortly after the Philly Show, we encourage collectors who are able to attend Philly to pick-up a box at the show.

By the way, if you'd like to look at the page from last years, here's that link. It explains a good bit more about the going-ons of the day. Thanks!

Posts: 597 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post