Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Looking for uncut Star Wars, ESB, RoTJ card sheets
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for uncut Star Wars, ESB, RoTJ card sheets
 Login/Join

posted
I know this is a hunt for unicorns, but I'm looking for Topps uncut sheets of cards from the original 3 Star Wars movies. I'm primarily looking for Star Wars series 4 and 5 and all series from ESB and ROTJ.

Any information on where some might be located or who might be willing to sell, please let me know. I know these are few and far between, but it never hurts to ask I suppose. Thanks for any help.

Posts: 29 | Location: Bonaire, GA | Registered: November 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Unicorns may be easier to find, particularly compared to the original set uncut sheets from 1977-78. Those are very seldom seen.

An uncut sheet of the 132 card Empire Series II set sold for $75 on Ebay a couple of weeks ago, but even those don't show up often.

There does seem to be a lot more of the sticker sets available, including some from the 1977 set, and the 1983 Jedi sticker sheets seem fairly plentiful.

Good luck on your search!

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm the one that bought the ESB sheet and the guy refused to ship it flat, so it showed up rolled too tight and full of creases...waste of money on that one.

I've got a full set of the Jedi stickers all graded PSA Gem Mint 10 (and only about 8 shy of both color variations graded PSA 10). Trying to work on the cards more now and those full sheets look nice framed up. Thanks for the reply!

Posts: 29 | Location: Bonaire, GA | Registered: November 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i know its not the same but in the uk I know there were uncut sheets of the star wars playing card sets issued ?

Posts: 312 | Location: united kingdom | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a friend who has some uncut sheets but I think they are the sticker sets for ESB and ROTJ, I will ask him if he has them still and what they are.

Posts: 193 | Location: Ca | Registered: June 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would be interested in the ESB sticker sheets!!

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Capt Jon1:
I'm the one that bought the ESB sheet and the guy refused to ship it flat, so it showed up rolled too tight and full of creases...waste of money on that one.

I wouldn't trust anyone but an experienced movie poster dealer to ship a cardboard sheet rolled. Frankly, due to the heavy stock of trading cards I'm amazed uncut sheets can be rolled at all.

Such a shame and a waste by a careless seller. I hope you got your money back.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I only asked for half the money back (which he gave me) as I was able to carve the sheet up for singles that finished off some sets. Hurt to cut it up though.