Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Yipee! Bought my first case!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yipee! Bought my first case!
 Login/Join

Picture of <<<<ALDO_NOVA>>>>
posted
Saw a pretty good price for a case of Revenge cards, from the TV series of the same name, just cannot wait to tear into it when it arrives to see what cards are inside! The picture on the top of the card box looks great, can't get any better than lovely ladies dressed to the nines! Now I have to wait for it to show up, the long sleepless nights, lol! Like looking at that present underneath the tree, but having to wait for a couple of weeks to actually open it, darnit!

Posts: 217 | Location: Where you can't find me!!!!!! | Registered: August 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I used to buy cases. At first it was great opening them, I was definitely getting my money's worth. But then something changed and I was dissapointed in the card variety (or lack of it). I will not mention Rittenhouse, but the last few cases I bought were bad enough to make me quit buying them. I also ran out of money, which also didn't help.

Maybe I just had bad luck, but it was enough to discourage me from future case purchases.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
I have only purchased one case (Game of Thrones season 3), but it was a fun experience. My advice would be to pace yourself. Opening 12 boxes in a row sounds fun now, but by box 8 I was a little drained of excitement.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, just got an email that they checked their warehouse, and there are none left, even though their computer said there was one left! Oh well, just my luck, back to just boxes again!

Darn!

Posts: 217 | Location: Where you can't find me!!!!!! | Registered: August 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I think you should count yourself lucky Aldo. There is a reason why Revenge cases are cheap. It was a poor seller without the main stars represented in the autographs. A risky title that didn't pay off.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We've seen many sets like that, card sets where the main people did not sign anything, like Sarah Michelle Geller, who never signed anything from any of the Buffy series!