Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sherlock Holmes card
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted
I am looking at getting a stamp relic card from one of the Sherlock Holmes sets produced by Cult Stuff, but I cannot figure out which set it belongs to. The card is an illustration of Holmes and Lestrade with "The Six Napoleons" at the bottom. I'm guessing it's from the Victorian Martians set, since all the other stamp relic cards I've seen were from the Victoria era, which this one does not resemble. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Posts: 1458 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have all of the Sherlock sets, so let me check and get back to you on this.

Unfortunately, Cult Stuff disappeared suddenly in early 2017, and they never released the Hound of the Baskervilles set that was advertised. They took pre-order money, charging folks' credit cards (including mine) and never delivered...

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just looking quickly at the auction sites, all of the Victorian Martians relics that I have seen there, seem to be cut up postcards, not illustrations

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I do not have one, but perhaps the card you're talking is about is from the 2013 Adventures of Sherlock set, one of the Real Stamp case topper cards ? There are 5 different, each limited to 20, and one is The Six Napoleons.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
I do not have one, but perhaps the card you're talking is about is from the 2013 Adventures of Sherlock set, one of the Real Stamp case topper cards ? There are 5 different, each limited to 20, and one is The Six Napoleons.

That makes sense. The back of the card has "C 4/20" on it. And, now that I look closer, I note that Jeff Allender has these cards listed on his site. Guess I missed it earlier.

I also got charged for the Hound of the Baskervilles set, so you are not alone. Very disappointed in Cult Stuff for such bad business practices. Great cards, lousy business people...

Posts: 1458 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I, too, had my credit card charged for Hound of the Baskervilles in Jan 2017.

Both the website and the Facebook page have not been updated since Jan-Feb 2017, and someone in the UK mentioned that Cult Stuff filed for bankruptcy and closed down

Yet the owner is seemingly all over Facebook on a daily basis, posting non card related posts. Don't bother trying to contact him, however, to ask where your cards are, as he won't reply.

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post