Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Anyone know about basketball cards?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone know about basketball cards?
 Login/Join

posted
I'm not a member at ay sports cards forums, but im locally looking to sell about 1500 Basketball cards from the early 90s. Can anyone suggest a fair price? All are base cards, seem to be lacking in Jordan and Shaq, but looks as if the rest of the "big names" are largely present.

Posts: 88 | Location: Australia | Registered: June 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I don't have any basketball card guides lying around, your best bet is to get a hold of a Beckett reference, or just search around eBay. I will tell you that the early 90's is a bad period. Jordan's best cards are mid 80's, Shaq came up around 89/90. A lot of the other bigger names were at the later stages of their careers, so their base cards weren't going for much. And today's superstars weren't in the game back then.

Couple that with a bulk sale and the overproduction of these cards, well you wouldn't get much of an offer here. However you are in Australia and these cards might be considered harder to come by there, so that could be a plus if you can find a collector. Lots of luck. Smile

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of clearblue
posted Hide Post
I don't think your collection of 90s basketball cards are worth much, especially if Jordan isn't in the mix.

Posts: 366 | Location: Richmond | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yeah i figured it wasn't worth much, just not sure what "not much" actually was lol. I was offered $10 for the lot but i think i will keep them at price.

Posts: 88 | Location: Australia | Registered: June 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of clearblue
posted Hide Post
$10 was probably a fair price. Ha

Posts: 366 | Location: Richmond | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
it may well be! Will still keep them though.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Keep them for sure. You could throw them away better than $10. Any common base card has to be .05 and you should have some listed stars. Roughly it would be worth $70 - $80 to any collector. That's assuming near mint condition of course and that you are selling to a collector. A dealer would offer half that, if you could find one that would even make a offer.

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yeah thats what i figured, I have seen the like of Karl Malone, Reggie Miller, Gary Payton, Dennis Rodman etc listed at like $1 on ebay, and there are many of those, so might as well keep them. It would be more fun flicking them around then going to the post office to ship for $10!