Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Challenge: Nicolas Cage
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Challenge: Nicolas Cage
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Komodo
posted
Say what you will, I am a fan of Nicolas Cage, and many of the movies he played in. So, I recently realised that I cannot think of any card set where his picture has been added. I did a forum search, and his name has never come up in any post, that I could tell. Then maybe I spelled his name wrong LOL

Spooky...

I really think that the "National Treasure" movies rated at least one card set...

Anyway- am I correct that he has not appeared in any card set, or does someone know better?

(BTW- I DO actually own one card with his face on it, which is a custom sketch card drawn by Sean Pence, which I won a while back in a sketch contest here Smile )

Posts: 1206 | Location: St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Does he not appear as "Big Daddy" in the card set made by Dynamic Forces for the original "Kick-A$$" movie from a couple of years ago?

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Komodo
posted Hide Post
Nope- that was comic images Frown

*Unless I'm wrong?!*

I don't have the set, but the only pics I've seen are comic except 'behind the scenes' cards

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Komodo,

Posts: 1206 | Location: St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I will try to find the Kick *** set but I was thinking about it and I don't remember seeing Big Daddy in it.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well, that's all I had.
I dig Cage, too. My favorite movies of his are

RAISING ARIZONA
RACING WITH THE MOON
ADAPTATION.
WILD AT HEART
BIRDY

...but there's a good number of others bubbling under. He's made some good movies (and a few clunkers, too, no doubt about it).

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well, here's one of the "autographed" cards from the Dynamic Forces set. He's on this one, at least, in costume anyway (unless it's a stunt double, I guess).

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Komodo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
Well, here's one of the "autographed" cards from the Dynamic Forces set. He's on this one, at least, in costume anyway (unless it's a stunt double, I guess).

That could be anyone's chin! Technically, it's him, but I want FACE! LOL

speaking of face, "Face/Off" was a good movie too-

"I'm Castor Troy!"

BTW- I do know there are some sketch cards with his face, but I'll be specific- photo please! Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
While not a traditional card, I do have an oversized Face/Off card with him and Travolta that I got when I bought the VHS tape.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Apparently there was a 1/1 Cut Signature card by him in the Famous Fabrics "Hooray for Hollywood" release. I don't know if anybody saw it.

As for "face," I note that "NICHOLAS Caged" was card 34b from Garbage Pail Kids All-New Series 7. Big Grin

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Komodo
posted Hide Post
Interesting lead, Jeff- that's really digging deep lol. Looks like my sketch card will have to suffice at this point.

More about that "Kick-***" set- when I first learned of it, I was really looking forward to getting one for myself. The movie somehow appealed to that twisted streak in me LOL. When I realised that it was comic based images, with no actual movie scenes (except for some insert cards), I was disappointed, since I thought I finally found a set with him in it.

I've never been much interested in the comic scene, yet many of the recent comic- based movies that have come out recently have been very entertaining! That includes the Iron Man trio, The Avengers, Ghost Rider (another with Cage!), even the RED movies. Howard the Duck, however, was just embarrassing... (I'd like to see them do a computer animated version- THAT would redeem him I think Smile )

Speaking of which, I've been trying to think of any card set that features Bruce Willis in it...

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
He's in the "RED" promo card set given out at Comic Con in 2011, I think it was. It's the set for the first movie.

Willis is also on a few of the cards in the "Armageddon" Nestle Crunch set from 1998. I remember one especially nice one of him in there, with his classic smile/smirk. They are standard size cards with a foil finish, issued one at a time in a sealed clear pack on the underside of a Nestle Crunch bar back when the movie was new. They really took care with the packaging of them, as they were not only shrinkwrapped so the chocolate wouldn't spoil them, but there was also a thick piece of cardboard so none of them were bent like cards in candy bars sometimes could be.
It's a set of 15. I'd have never completed it, but they had them at Pic N Save, a discount chain since renamed Big Lots!, so I got a bunch of them cheap to make the set. Man, I gave away a lot of candy bars that week!

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Actually, Bruce isn't smiling, but instead looks rather concerned.

Maybe he knew how this movie was going to turn out. Big Grin

Picture of Thush
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Komodo:
speaking of face, "Face/Off" was a good movie too-

"I'm Castor Troy!"

Needs a bit more "WOOOOOOO!!"...

"I'm Castor Troy! WOOOOOOO!!" Smile

Posts: 385 | Location: London, UK | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Komodo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thush:

Needs a bit more "WOOOOOOO!!"...

"I'm Castor Troy! WOOOOOOO!!" Smile

LOL I actually thought of going back to edit it, but declined. You got it though!

Thanks Chesspieceface- I'll make a note of that for sure Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Komodo:

Speaking of which, I've been trying to think of any card set that features Bruce Willis in it...

He had a smallish part in National Lampoon's Loaded Weapon, which had a card set, but I don't remember if Willis appears in the set.

Posts: 2201 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Actually, Bruce isn't smiling, but instead looks rather concerned.

Maybe he knew how this movie was going to turn out. Big Grin

Love this movie!

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
These are the Nic Cage cards that come to mind that I have, if I'm not mistaken. Hollywood Zombies, and some oversize Ghost Rider advertising cards.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I made my own..Got Nic to sign a photo and now have started getting the other cast to sign my custom cards...

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:
These are the Nic Cage cards that come to mind that I have, if I'm not mistaken. Hollywood Zombies, and some oversize Ghost Rider advertising cards.

If you're talking about those oversized movie advertising cards, there should be a lot of those with Nic's picture on them. Those are made for a lot of movies and Cage has made a lot of movies, so there'll be plenty of overlap there.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Potato Head
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, that's all I had.
I dig Cage, too. My favorite movies of his are

RAISING ARIZONA
RACING WITH THE MOON
ADAPTATION.
WILD AT HEART
BIRDY

...but there's a good number of others bubbling under. He's made some good movies (and a few clunkers, too, no doubt about it).

Wild at Heart - one of my favourite movies Thumb Up

Posts: 751 | Location: UK | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post