Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Razor Ink Archives
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi_Collector:

If you don't want them, then getting rid of them is the best option. Also if you bought them knowing you didn't want them, then why did you buy them?

I pulled them all from packs/boxes. Sometimes a guy ends up with specific cards he doesn't want, ya know? I'm not selling ALL of my cards, just the ones I don't have a passion for. You will have to pry my LOST collection out of my dead cold hands.

Posts: 57 | Location: Fayetteville, AR, USA | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
I have seen the word "Encapsulated" used in the description of autos in the packs. Anyone know what this means?

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I think they are going be in a magnetic "one-touch" holder.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Has this been released yet?

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
Has this been released yet?

Apparently not. It was supposed to come out earlier this month. The release has been delayed and the new date I now hear is June 24th. That is just from one source though, so don't hold me to it. Smile

Maybe it took Razor longer than they thought to find all those magnetic holders. Big Grin

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
I emailed Razor yesterday and got a reply this morning from Brian Gray. He says the first week of June.

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Lizzy:
I emailed Razor yesterday and got a reply this morning from Brian Gray. He says the first week of June.

I've heard the first week of June as well...I'm really excited...I'm opening two cases of this stuff. Wish me luck.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
I've heard the first week of June as well...I'm really excited...I'm opening two cases of this stuff. Wish me luck.

Welcome to Card Talk and good luck with your cases.Wavey

You should post the results after you open them. I think a lot of people are interested in seeing which cards have been packaged. I know I am. Wink

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I wish everyone the best of luck, but I see this product as not that much different than sports cards. As we sometimes are want to do, Headless, Crazy Jason and I buy a box of football cards. Headless is a Dolphins fan, Crazy Jason is a Giants fan, and I am a Colts fan. However, even if there are 4 or 5 autos or jersey cards, we rarely pull any player from our teams, so we end up with a bunch of cards that we don't want and are tough to sell or trade. I see this product in a similar light, everyone will be hoping for a certain card, but more than likely will get something they don't care about, and most of these packs will consist of fairly common autos, with the big hits being few and far between.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:

Welcome to Card Talk and good luck with your cases.Wavey

You should post the results after you open them. I think a lot of people are interested in seeing which cards have been packaged. I know I am. Wink

I'll post the results with scans if possible.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
I wish everyone the best of luck, but I see this product as not that much different than sports cards. As we sometimes are want to do, Headless, Crazy Jason and I buy a box of football cards. Headless is a Dolphins fan, Crazy Jason is a Giants fan, and I am a Colts fan. However, even if there are 4 or 5 autos or jersey cards, we rarely pull any player from our teams, so we end up with a bunch of cards that we don't want and are tough to sell or trade. I see this product in a similar light, everyone will be hoping for a certain card, but more than likely will get something they don't care about, and most of these packs will consist of fairly common autos, with the big hits being few and far between.

Luckily I like most of the inwork products (really dislike the sticker autos, but Brian has said that mostly on card autos were packaged but we'll see). Only thing I'm worried about is collation. Would hate to get like 10 of the same card.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
One of my friends went to the Philly Show in April and said Razor had grab bags with either one costume or one auto in each bag. They were $15 per bag or $65 for five bags. She splurged and bought five bags, from which she pulled:

Alias auto - Anthony Cistaro
Smallville auto - Tobias
Veronica Mars costume - Logan
Aliens vs Predator Requiem costume - Jesse
Charmed costume - Alyssa Milano

She said the Charmed costume is a nice variant, but didn't care for the rest of the cards. Granted, these were not packs of Razor Ink Archives, but I would expect the breaks to be similar.

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kbmum:
One of my friends went to the Philly Show in April and said Razor had grab bags with either one costume or one auto in each bag. They were $15 per bag or $65 for five bags. She splurged and bought five bags, from which she pulled:

Alias auto - Anthony Cistaro
Smallville auto - Tobias
Veronica Mars costume - Logan
Aliens vs Predator Requiem costume - Jesse
Charmed costume - Alyssa Milano

She said the Charmed costume is a nice variant, but didn't care for the rest of the cards. Granted, these were not packs of Razor Ink Archives, but I would expect the breaks to be similar.

Razor was at the show? Confused

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
That's what I was told.

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think what's being referred to is that one of the dealers put together 'grab bags' like Razor is doing for their 'InkArchives' set. It wasn't actually Razor, just Razor inspired.

If you walked down the ramp, and turned left (Nar was on that side), follow the wall that Nar had his back up against all the way to the far end/corner, that's where he was set up.

otim

Posts: 700 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: May 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I preordered one box just for the fun of it. I loved Inkworks (everyone knows that). My hope is to get five autos I do not have. I don't see any harm in getting a box.
Where I think people are going to get disappointed in the long run is the case and multicase buyer because you are going to see a lot of the same cards that will be hard to trade or sell because they are set specific (i.e The bird lady from Men in Black II). Then you will hear the complain of I purchase (X) number of boxes at this price and got 4 of this card no one wants.
All box buyers take the chance every time of not knowing what cards are inside. That is part of the fun-the risk.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by otim:
I think what's being referred to is that one of the dealers put together 'grab bags' like Razor is doing for their 'InkArchives' set. It wasn't actually Razor, just Razor inspired.

If you walked down the ramp, and turned left (Nar was on that side), follow the wall that Nar had his back up against all the way to the far end/corner, that's where he was set up.

otim

Oh yeah, I remember seeing those.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
I've ordered one pack. Hoping for an auto I haven't got.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
quote:
One of my friends went to the Philly Show in April and said Razor had grab bags

But if they were in any way purporting to be Razor then someone should let the Reighters know because that just wasn't right. kbmum's friend obviously thought she was purchasing from Razor and not some random dealer. Not to mention that Razor might take issue with someone pretending to be them even in the slightest way because that break might make them look bad.

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Over_Worked_Mom:
quote:
One of my friends went to the Philly Show in April and said Razor had grab bags

But if they were in any way purporting to be Razor then someone should let the Reighters know because that just wasn't right. kbmum's friend obviously thought she was purchasing from Razor and not some random dealer. Not to mention that Razor might take issue with someone pretending to be them even in the slightest way because that break might make them look bad.

I have not been to a show in a while, but back when they were popular, it got to the point where many promoters banned dealers from offering "grab bags" to avoid problems.

The vast majority of the time the card in the bag is just junk inventory not worth the price. Then if you had a really dishonest dealer, they wouldn't put in even a couple decent cards. That's what gave the "grab bag" a bad name.