Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Razor Ink Archives
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
Has anyone seen or heard of the "big hits" being pulled yet? I've been viewing the video breaks on You Tube and this product seems kind of lackluster so far.

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Darth Vader Fan:
Has anyone seen or heard of the "big hits" being pulled yet? I've been viewing the video breaks on You Tube and this product seems kind of lackluster so far.

I think you're probably expecting too much...I've been pleasantly surprised by the breaks I've seen. Haven't seen a horrible one yet.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
I read someone pulled a Jennifer Garner.

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i saw one (garner) on the bay today

Posts: 230 | Location: pa | Registered: March 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Big hits are pretty scarce. For what might be considered big I've seen:

1- Jennifer Garner Alias season 2
4- Kristen Bell Veronica Mars Season 1
1- Kristen Bell Veronica Mars season 2
1- Jared Padalecki Supernatural season 2
Ozzy Osbourne The Osbournes- A lot of these, almost every case has had 1

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There are a ton of Firefly and serenity and a lot of 50 plus dollar cards..

There is a rare hellboy del torro autograph up now also...

I think there are some great cards being pulled..

Posts: 3874 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Andrew H.
posted Hide Post
Once I get a little extra moolah in, I'm buying a box. They look very fun. I've seen some cool stuff pulled: Ron Perlman, Mike Mignola, Ron Glass, Ozzy, Kevin Sorbo, Erik Estrada, Mimi Rogers, etc.

http://www.whodidthewhatnow.com

Posts: 66 | Location: Lodi, NY | Registered: June 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Streich:
There are a ton of Firefly and serenity and a lot of 50 plus dollar cards..

There is a rare hellboy del torro autograph up now also...

+1

I think people were expecting every box to have a Jennifer Garner, Eliza Dushku, Kristen Bell, Rose McGowan, Holly Marie Combs, etc in it. I expected those to be case hits. I expected boxes to have 1 or 2 decent hits and 3 low end hits.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
Most of the breaks I've seen seemed pretty good to me. Nothing super high end outta the ballpark, but a good mix.

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Exactly, at $15 per card, it's ok, but nothing extra exciting. I just don't see the attraction to this product. It seems like something for nothing , to me. There are a bunch of those people on here, no question.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tamara
posted Hide Post
quote:

+1

I think people were expecting every box to have a Jennifer Garner, Eliza Dushku, Kristen Bell, Rose McGowan, Holly Marie Combs, etc in it. I expected those to be case hits. I expected boxes to have 1 or 2 decent hits and 3 low end hits.[/QUOTE]

I would suggest that they are going to be much less than that. Inkworks had very few of these high end cards sitting aound. Remember that advertising is just that - ADVERTISING. It only requires 1 cards of a "high name" for it to be included in the advretising hype.

T.

Posts: 1830 | Location: Victoria, Canada | Registered: March 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tamara:
quote:

+1

I think people were expecting every box to have a Jennifer Garner, Eliza Dushku, Kristen Bell, Rose McGowan, Holly Marie Combs, etc in it. I expected those to be case hits. I expected boxes to have 1 or 2 decent hits and 3 low end hits.

I would suggest that they are going to be much less than that. Inkworks had very few of these high end cards sitting aound. Remember that advertising is just that - ADVERTISING. It only requires 1 cards of a "high name" for it to be included in the advretising hype.

T.
[/QUOTE]

Totally agree, most of the cards will be low end autograph that can be purchase in Ebay maybe from $5-$10, but the boxes of this product is not that high and can be a nice try to hit the big ones if you feel lucky!!!

Posts: 90 | Location: california | Registered: June 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
maybe if they hadn't sold all the good cards on ebay before the product was released they could have included those in packs also Smokin'

How many Lost Lilly cards did they sell? and has anyone pulled any from packs yet???

Posts: 3874 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Isn't there also a second wave planned?

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
That's what I heard. This stuff is fool's gold, as far as I'm concerned. I'm looking forward to Harry Potter HBP and X-Men Archives. I love busting new stuff!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
There does seem to be some good stuff coming out of these boxes though- there's been a few Robert Englunds, I just saw a Veronica Mars Charisma Carpenter on eBay, some Buffy Reflections autos, Serenity, Firefly, etc. I am definitely gonna try to get at least a box of these. (When I have some more money...)

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Andrew H.
posted Hide Post
I ain't knockin' it yet. I've seen good boxes and bad boxes, but 5 autos on card for $80 or so isn't that bad considering some of the stuff from newer boxes for the same price point. That said, you are paying for 'hits' and not -cards- for a set, you know? I'll buy -a- box but it will likely end there.

Posts: 66 | Location: Lodi, NY | Registered: June 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CordeliaChase_Fan:
There does seem to be some good stuff coming out of these boxes though- there's been a few Robert Englunds, I just saw a Veronica Mars Charisma Carpenter on eBay, some Buffy Reflections autos, Serenity, Firefly, etc. I am definitely gonna try to get at least a box of these. (When I have some more money...)
Val

Check the box breakdown thread. A Kristen Bell Veronica Mars autograph was also pulled. The best card I got was the Viveca A. Fox Alias and that is better than a common. I quite agree that most cards are going to be in the $10 - $20 range, but so far that is only moderately less than the current price per pack.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andrew H.:
That said, you are paying for 'hits' and not -cards- for a set, you know? I'll buy -a- box but it will likely end there.

And that's the major detraction for me on this product. As a non seller all I'd be doing is hoping to get lucky with cards I don't already have and not get stuck with cards I don't need.

Picture of Andrew H.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:

And that's the major detraction for me on this product. As a non seller all I'd be doing is hoping to get lucky with cards I don't already have and not get stuck with cards I don't need.

Seeing as though I have so little of everything, I'll take one stab at it, hehe. Just one!