Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Razor Ink Archives
 Login/Join

posted
Hope I did this correctly!

This thread is open to discuss the recently announced series by Razor, "Razor Ink Archives". Adam from Razor introduced himself this morning and graciously agreed to answer any questions we may have about this very interesting release. Here is Adam's initial post.

Posts: 57 | Location: Fayetteville, AR, USA | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thank you Adam for answering some of our questions. I was wondering, besides the magnetic one touch holder, will there be anything done to or placed on the cards to distinguish/differentiate them as coming from Razor or are they going to be left exactly as Inkworks released them?

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Logan, great question! If these were to be embossed by Razor, that could introduce entire new parallel autograph sets for us to collect.

Posts: 57 | Location: Fayetteville, AR, USA | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Adam,
Will there be any previously unreleased Inkworks autographs in this series, or any other series?

New Card Talk Member
Picture of adamatrazor
posted Hide Post
Thank you for setting up this new thread,

The cards are going to be the same, we shortly considered stamping them or serial numbering them, but in all honesty there is no reason at all to mess with a great thing, which Inkworks autographs are.

Posts: 9 | Location: Dallas TX | Registered: March 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
Picture of adamatrazor
posted Hide Post
Vandelay,

I know of a few of the big, unreleased Inkworks autographs. Do you have a list of the ones never released by Inkworks??? If you can get me a list I can check and see which ones we do have. I know there are not any Tommy Lee Jones or Chris Carter from X Files. I am as interested in the unreleased ones as you guys to!!!!

Posts: 9 | Location: Dallas TX | Registered: March 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
adam
razor has no unreleased product, other product is elsewhere

Posts: 685 | Location: uk | Registered: September 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of rubadub001
posted Hide Post
Adam,

I sent you an email a couple hours ago, but haven't heard back. Here are the questions in case my email didn't go thru.

Please let us know so as to squash any unfounded rumors.

Thanks!

UPDATE FROM ADAM (Mar 27.09):

"While I can not discuss exact details of the deal, amount of autographs and so forth, I can comfortably say that there will be a more than fair representation from all sets that we have in this product. There will be no insertion ratios."

1) Approx. how many autographs were purchased from Inkworks?

NO COMMENT

2) Will ALL of the autographs purchased from Inkworks be included in the Ink Archives products (i.e. Will some be held back for other products/releases)?

NO COMMENT

3) Will any insert ratios or quantities of the 'high value' (i.e. > $100) autographs to be inserted into the product be released?

NO COMMENT

4) Will attempts be made to ensure that duplicate autographs within the same case are kept to a minimum?

"This product like a few others of ours in the past will all be done in house, myself and our other two employees will hand seed the cards and pack each box and case. So there should not and will not be multiples of the same card in a case."

5) Will the autographs be kept in their original form (i.e. not slabbed or cut or mounted or otherwise modified)?

"YES. We will not be stamping them or serial numbering them or messing with them in any way at all. There is no reason at all to mess with a great thing, which Inkworks autographs are. The cards will each be in a One Touch Magnetic holder, 5 packs per box, 12 boxes per case."

6) What is MSRP for boxes and/or packs?

"We don’t list a MSRP on our products as every store is different. I don’t think it fair for me to put a MSRP on a product just because every store has different rent and other expenses. Factory cost is $600 for a 12 box case - so factory cost is $10 a pack. Look at inkworks boxes, they still sell for good money with 1 or 2 auto's a box."

7) Will there be other cards in the packs besides the autographs - and if so, what are those going to be?

"No just autographs, no sketches or costume cards."

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rubadub001,

Check out my Trade List Apr 16.09: http://nonsportupdate.infopop....&r=37010938#37010938

Posts: 654 | Location: Toronto, ON, Canada | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Adam, welcome to the board. We can be a bit high strung here, but hope you'll understand that this is our passion and that no matter what it is, people take their kinks seriously. We often have different, but equally strong opinions on things, and if you read through the inkworks status thread, it reads almost like some people are moving through the stages of grief, same as they would for other mourning processes. Really, I've wondered how many of us are going to send inkworks/Caplan a condolence card.

Anyways, here's my question. The last NSU pictured a sweet Jennifer Love Hewitt Ghost Whisperer auto. Rumour is the unreleased cards went to another home. As a sticking point though, Mrs. Hewitt is said to have signed stickers and the cards might not have gotten made. Can you kill or fuel the debate? This would be one rare exception in which I might take a JLH auto sticker stuck to a Ghost Whisperer promo card and put into a holder at a par with an actual release. Any knowledge on the existance or whereabouts of these stickers you can share?

Chris

Posts: 423 | Location: Heaven (Barrie, Ontario, Canada) | Registered: June 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
Picture of adamatrazor
posted Hide Post
no such luck, i did not see any Jennifer Love Hewitt autographs.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of MvG
posted Hide Post
Hi Adam,
are there by any chance also Tombraider autographs in the Razor packs? Perhaps even some Angelina Jolie ones?

Good to have you on board!

Posts: 792 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: April 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Hi Adam! Welcome to CardTalk and thanks for answering all our questions to the best of your ability!

I know you listed the card sets, and some of the bigger names, but will there be an actual list of all the cards available? Ratios or quantities? Things like that?

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ink Archives

Adam - is this product as rumored in previous messages sold out or will it be advertised for sale - I am interested in a case purchase - and only found out about this issue today

Posts: 198 | Location: United States | Registered: December 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So if I am understanding Razor Ink Archives correctly what we have here is basically a "grab bag" of past Inkworks autograph cards. They are in no way identified to Razor and the only extra provided is a holder.

Please know that I am not knocking it. I think its a clever idea and will very likely go in for at least a few packs myself.

However the real test will be what comes out of the packs. Obviously not every autograph card will be worth the cost, but that is the chance you take. As long as there is a reasonable representation of those impressive names that are being advertised nobody should be complaining.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unless specific numbers of cards & names are release prior to making the move, why buy the product right? Card collecting is a tiny bit of a lottery sometimes, but then again, we know what we're going after and that it's there. So should it be in this case. Who, what, when & where. Then you get fair shot at my money, only then! Agree ? Thumb Up

Posts: 201 | Location: Canada | Registered: July 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by UFM:
Unless specific numbers of cards & names are release prior to making the move, why buy the product right? Card collecting is a tiny bit of a lottery sometimes, but then again, we know what we're going after and that it's there. So should it be in this case. Who, what, when & where. Then you get fair shot at my money, only then! Agree ? Thumb Up

Oh yeah, I would agree.

That's why I figure to try only a couple of packs to see what comes out. I think Razor has probably said all it wants to about specific cards to be included, and the rest is luck of the draw. I used the term "grab bag" and it sounds about right, but as long as some people find some of those desirable autographs that's really all that's being promised.

If everyone pulls what they consider to be poor autograph cards, that will have an effect on the sales of future Razor products with Inkworks cards. So I'll give them the benefit of trying the Ink Archives first. As someone already said, people are bound to post the results on the forum so we just have to wait. Smile

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

If everyone pulls what they consider to be poor autograph cards, that will have an effect on the sales of future Razor products with Inkworks cards. So I'll give them the benefit of trying the Ink Archives first. As someone already said, people are bound to post the results on the forum so we just have to wait. Smile

Unless they release guaranteed high end hot packs. That would seem more of a worthwhile risk to me. I might even go for that if I could find a seller.

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the same opinion this is a big gamble product, specially we don't know what autograph Insworks has remain; unless Razor can come out with a total list what kind of auto they have.
Because the is a lot of those on Ebay and they can not even sell for couple of dollars and if I need to pay around $30.00 per pack and get a low end autograph then is better to buy it online and for sure to get what you want.

Posts: 90 | Location: california | Registered: June 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ConfusedBoy
posted Hide Post
Surely we have a better chance of pulling a good auto than getting our hands on a rare, not cherrypicked sealed original Inkworks box, and pulling the preferred auto (I'm still searching for my 1st Charmed Power of 3 box, Angel Season 2...)

RIP Robert Jordan (Oct 17, 1948 - Sep 16, 2007)

Posts: 226 | Location: UK | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of rubadub001
posted Hide Post
Read my post above (which are direct quotes from an email response I received from Adam) if you want to know if insert ratios will be posted, guaranteed high end hot packs, list of autographs, quantities, modifications to the Inkworks autographs, etc.

Why ask questions that he's already answered?

Personally, without insert ratios, list of confirmed autographs, and no comment on whether there will be additional Inkworks driven autograph products, I'm inclined to just hold off and see what happens when this product is released.

When I first heard of Ink Archives, I was under the impression that EVERYTHING from the vault was being thrown into this release, and I was willing to gamble on a case. But after thinking about it some more, if Razor is planning on releasing multiple Ink Archives releases, it only makes sense for them to hold back some of the 'big' autos to draw people into the future releases.

I'll definitely try to buy a box or two to try my luck - but like some have mentioned above, treat it like a grab bag where you don't even know what or how many top prizes there are.

Check out my Trade List Apr 16.09: http://nonsportupdate.infopop....&r=37010938#37010938

Posts: 654 | Location: Toronto, ON, Canada | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post