Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Razor Ink Archives
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Over_Worked_Mom:

But if they were in any way purporting to be Razor then someone should let the Reighters know because that just wasn't right. kbmum's friend obviously thought she was purchasing from Razor and not some random dealer. Not to mention that Razor might take issue with someone pretending to be them even in the slightest way because that break might make them look bad.

You were there Joanna, did you see these grab bags and did they have signs or printing on them to the effect that they were from Razor? Confused

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of comicbookfan
posted Hide Post
I remember the guy with the grab bags. The offerings were in plain paper bags and just said the name of the card set involved i.e. Buffy/Angel or mixed/misc. No where did I notice anything mentioning Razor. Though obviously a similar idea. I had asked if the bags included any redemption cards but he said nope all the cards were already redeemed.
In the end I didn't buy anything since I wanted to buy stuff I definitely wanted as opposed to hoping for the 1 Inkworks auto or pieceworks card I was missing.

Posts: 1089 | Location: florida | Registered: December 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Lizzy:
I emailed Razor yesterday and got a reply this morning from Brian Gray. He says the first week of June.

I've heard the first week of June as well...I'm really excited...I'm opening two cases of this stuff. Wish me luck.
'

Good luck with your cases and nice name Big Grin

Posts: 3874 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
I was there, but if the table didn't have sketch cards, I didn't look at it *lol* So, no - I didn't notice this seller.

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a bummer, just found out delayed until 6/11 at least now.

Posts: 16 | Location: modesto | Registered: March 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
I ordered three boxes of this from Diamond ('cuz at 3 boxes you get a very tiny price break!) just for funsies. I almost went for a case but couldn't really justify it. God only knows if I'm going to get the boxes.

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
One of my friends went to the Philly Show in April and said Razor had grab bags

But if they were in any way purporting to be Razor then someone should let the Reighters know because that just wasn't right. kbmum's friend obviously thought she was purchasing from Razor and not some random dealer. Not to mention that Razor might take issue with someone pretending to be them even in the slightest way because that break might make them look bad.

I was there and talked with this dealer. I forget his name, but let's call him "Bob". His made up packs in brown envelopes were "Bob's Inkworks archives" Or something like that - He had one batch that were Autos and one that was Costumes, and in no way held himself out to be Razor or their product, but definitely got the idea from them.

I got a really good deal on some Complete Bond Relic cards from him Thumb Up

Posts: 420 | Location: Try looking under that pile of cards over there... | Registered: December 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bufbills98:
What a bummer, just found out delayed until 6/11 at least now.

Brian from Razor has confirmed that these are shipping on Friday, June 5th.

As to the Brown envelopes with Inkworks cards, the guy who sells them has them on eBay for $15.99 BIN

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
The product is definitely live now. I've seen 1 breakdown and some are hitting ebay already. Not too much out there yet, the best auto I've seen so far is a Charmed Shannen Doherty.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It will be interesting to see what hits the market. With so many people flooding the market with Inkworks cards before the LIVE date, it will be fun to watch. Will definitely look be on the watch!

Posts: 419 | Location: San Francisco, CA, USA | Registered: October 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:
The product is definitely live now. I've seen 1 breakdown and some are hitting ebay already. Not too much out there yet, the best auto I've seen so far is a Charmed Shannen Doherty.

It looks like that guy opened two boxes and I'd say he did pretty darn good with the Doherty, Baccarin, Melinda Clarke, and John Glover

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chuck Bartowski,

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of glen87
posted Hide Post
are those really Razor Ink archive autos? they APPEAR (can't tell by the scans) to be in basic Ultra Pro magnetic holders without any special markings.

Posts: 642 | Location: VT | Registered: October 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by glen87:
are those really Razor Ink archive autos? they APPEAR (can't tell by the scans) to be in basic Ultra Pro magnetic holders without any special markings.

I thought about that too, but they were too random to be regular Inkwork autos (at least in my opinion). I don't think Brian ever intended on putting special markings on the holders or cards.

Picture of BM Collectibles
posted Hide Post
So....

If one wanted an auto, but did not want the bulky case it comes in, would you/could you remove it without doing damage to it or changing it's form.

Would it be the correct thing to do if you were reselling it? Will people be removing them from the cases and not mentioning anything about "Razor Ink". For sellers her in Canada shipping could be 3-4 bucks with the case as compared to 1 buck without.

If it was one I was keeping I would not care about the case as long as it did not effect it's future value.

I have a large order coming, but don't intend on "flushing" them all away. Not really in too much of a hurry to sell any of them to be honest. I truly love autograph cards. But I am in business.

Any thoughts? I'm mainly interested opinions from you all for the ones I will be tucking away.

This product should get a lot of attention in the upcoming days.

Bob

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BM Collectibles,

Posts: 44 | Location: north pole | Registered: August 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of glen87
posted Hide Post
would like to see more, clearer pictures of the holder. IF they are your basic magnetic snap holder, what would keep someone from just throwing an autograph they have in hand in one, and calling it a Razor Archives one?

Bob - If they are truly "encapsulated" I would not worry about taking it out of the holder if you were keeping it. there would be nothing differentiating from a "regular" Inkworks autograph card, since it really is JUST a "regular" Inkworks card in a holder.

Posts: 642 | Location: VT | Registered: October 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Information was posted a while ago that these were going to be the basic magnetic holders. These are the cards from Razor.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I don't know if anyone recalls but a few months back a company had listed a bunch of Inkworks autographs on Ebay. They had decent "Buy It Now" prices on them, but they were also taking offers enabling some further savings.

Anyway, when it was revealed the Ebay seller was in some way related to Razor, the outcry resulting from the appearance of impropriety given the just announced "Archives" release caused the Ebay seller to end the listings prematurely, I believe after about 10 days.

I guess the idea was that if the cards in these listings were from the same batch of Autos that would eventually go into the Inkworks Archives packs, that maybe they shouldn't be sold directly in advance of that sets release. Whatever the reason, the listings were pulled without fanfare but luckily, I was able to get in some offers and place a nice order for about 8 of them.

Like Bob, I love autographs cards and collect them so I was interested in the Archives when I heard about them and considered ordering case, since at about $12 oer card that way, it seemed worth it to take the chance. Once I got the Ebay order in though and picked up a nice selection of the cards directly, I pretty much decided not to buy more than a box or two when they are released.

Collectors still interested in this release take heart: I don't remember them listing any of the "super" autographs directly on Ebay, and with breakdown boards like this, I would be extremely surprised if some really big hits weren't in these packs as a "dud" product would be disastrous public relations for this company. Also, they had multiples of all the cards I bought, so there should be plenty more of the below in the packs, along with many other nice cards.

Anyway, here's what I got and what I paid, so it's kind of a 8 pack (box and a half) breakdown, although I got to have A LOT of say as to what was in my packs.) Smile

FAMILY GUY SEASON 2 A11 AUTOGRAPH JENNIFER TILLY/BONNIE $5

FAMILY GUY MIKE HENRY / CLEVELAND AUTOGRAPH CARD A4 $8

*INKWORKS ALIAS SEASON 3 AUTOGRAPH A21 David Cronenberg $6

FAMILY GUY 1 Autograph Card #A2 alex borstein / LOIS $8

SMALLVILLE III AUTOGRAPH A23 Neil Flynn
$5

Looney Tunes Back in Action autograph A3 STEVE MARTIN $35

SEEKER: DARK IS RING AUTOGRAPH A-FC FRANCES CONROY $14

SIMPSONS MANIA - AUTOGRAPH - HANK AZARIA A3
$30

Subtotal $111
Shipping $5.54
Total $116.54

Altogether with the shipping, the cards averaged out to about $14.50 apiece, not too shabby, and less that what a pack of the Razor release wil cost at retail.

I've always wanted some Family Guy autograph, but was not really interested in the sketch cards that made the packs so expensive, so as a result I never bought any boxes of the Family Guy cards. I was glad to add these to my collection, especially the Cleveland who is getting his own spinoff this fall.

I bought the Frances Conroy because she was the mother Ruth on one of my favorite shows "Six Feet Under" but she didn't sign for that set. I've not even seen the movie "The Seeker" that this card comes from. (I do lament not offering for the Ian McShane auto they had, also from the "Seeker" set, since he was absolutrely fantastic on "Deadwood")

I got the Alias Neil Flynn, since he was the janitor on "Scrubs" which I also loved, even though I've also never seen "Alias" series.

Steve Martin probably did not enjoy his finest moment in the Looney Tunes movie, but he's still Steve Martin, and I couldn't resist this card at that price.

The Hank Azaria card from the Simpsons I already had, but it was impossible to pass at that bargain price. (Azaria is Moe, Apu, Cletus, and so many other classic voices on the Simpsons in addition to having cultivated a nice career in movies over the last decade)

*Finally, the David Cronenberg card I wanted because I've enjoyed his films as a director and what a price at only $6! However, I'd also offered $16 for a David Carradine Alias card. They had it originally listed as $24.99, but I think it went up to $29.99 after they sold 1 or 2, so that was the one offer I made that they declined as too low. I mention this because when the package of cards arrived, whether on purpose or by accident, it included the Carradine card instead of the Cronenberg card, so I basically got it for $6. If it was a mistake, I didn't correct their error, and if it was on purpose that was mighty nice of them.

I loved Carradine in "Kill Bill Vol. 2" and of course back in the 70's on TV's "Kung Fu", and to have this card in my collection, especially given the recent tragic event, provides me a nice memento of a man I admired. I do think there will be more of this card in the the Archives release because I remember them having it in quantity in the Ebay listing (if those were indeed from the same lot going into the Razor set.)

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I hadn't planned on picking up any Ink Archives, but I was able to get my two cases at under $11 a pack dlvd so I really couldn't pass them up at that price.

They did have a few of the bigger names listed, but according to Brian those were in addition to the ones they packed out (Summer Glau, and Eliza Dushku were among the ones listed).

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
One of my friends went to the Philly Show in April and said Razor had grab bags

The dealer was across from K&J was not selling them as Razor Packs. He just was getting rid of some excess stock of autos and costume cards before the Razor boxes hit the market and destroy the market for autos. He did have a page showing some of the better autos that he guareented were in the bags when he orginally made them up. So no one needs to contact Frank because it was not advertised as a Razor Product. If the person misunderstood what they purchased it was their problem. These were not done in anyway to pretend to be Razor. The paperbags should have given it away.

Please check your facts before you are ready to convict a dealer for fraud.

Dave

Posts: 507 | Location: MA | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This appears to definitely be live now, and I'm pretty impressed of what I'm seeing from it. Looks like the have pretty decent autos in it.