Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Razor Ink Archives
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of rubadub001
posted Hide Post
I'd say its doubtful that any new surge in supply of Inkworks autos will do anything but drive prices DOWN.

None of these are NEW autographs. With the exception of a few unreleased autos, we've seen them all before. With additional supply, we should see either stable or decreasing prices compared to current price levels. Sure there may be a slight upward surge in prices as more attention is brought to the autos with the release of 20,000 Inkworks autographs - but only foolish or non-savy collectors are going to pay $100 for an Ink Archives autograph they could buy now for $25.

Also, assuming only 1 in 5 packs per box will yield a low value auto card is VERY optimistic. While most of the chatter relates to which high end autos we want to pull, let's not forget that with an average set of 10 autographs, there was usually only 1 > $100 auto, maybe 2-3 > $30, and the remaining 7 or so being < $10 on the secondary market.

Realistically, I'd be happy to pull 2-3 > $100 autos out of a 60 pack case.

Check out my Trade List Apr 16.09: http://nonsportupdate.infopop....&r=37010938#37010938

Posts: 654 | Location: Toronto, ON, Canada | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of doggonit
posted Hide Post
I personally think there are very few what I would consider 'high end' autos - I hope I'm wrong, I have a few Ritter autos but not red, which is the one pictured in the ad.

Assuming Razor have done their sums right, with all the costs etc., to sell a case of 60 autos to dealers at $600 - well inkworks must have virtually given them away, can't see a huge pile of Garner autos etc. included in that lot - just a few to sweeten the deal. I'm sure there will be a large number of good autos - I guess it all depends on your idea of " 400 notable autographs "

Posts: 717 | Location: uk | Registered: April 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by katiesman:
Has anyone seen these for sale anywhere yet?
I am very intrested in trying a few.

I'm guessing that several of the Friendly Dealers™ from the advertisers section might be able to help you out.

Just a guess. Wave

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hippiejewel
posted Hide Post
I just want to know if they got any blue ink Dustin Watchman autograph cards from LOST Revelations........He told me he signed in 4 colors.

Jewel Big Grin

Posts: 2035 | Location: Western Burbs of Chicago | Registered: April 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hippiejewel:
I just want to know if they got any blue ink Dustin Watchman autograph cards from LOST Revelations........He told me he signed in 4 colors.

Jewel Big Grin

I have only seen (and own) the black ink style.
I had no idea he in other colors!

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi_Collector
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mintoncard:
I have only seen (and own) the black ink style.
I had no idea he in other colors!

So a simple search on ebay, you will find the gold and silver auto's.

I have never seen a blue auto though.

Posts: 1602 | Location: Nevada | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Well things are getting more and more interesting. It appears RAZOR has been selling off the better autographs for weeks now. Someone discovered that the ebay account "wwwaitexascom" that has been selling inkworks autographs for the last while belongs to a company owned by Brian Gray of Razor.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Razor Ink Archives mired in controversy
1 04 2009

Ten years ago, most collectors had to wait months to read about card-related news in either Beckett or through Tuff Stuff. How much controversy do you think both those companies ignored just to save advertising dollars?

Yesterday, a member of the Card Informant forums made a very interesting discovery on eBay. As it turns out, over 100 Inkworks autographs had been sold through an eBay account “wwwaitexascom” weeks prior to the announcement that Razor had bought the Inkworks archives, believed to contain over 20,000 autographs.

Razor had released a sell sheet for Ink Archives which was due to be released in May and according to Trader Crack’s, contained just under 18,000 Inkworks autographs. The problem occurred when Card Informant did some background checks and found out that the eBay account belongs to a company owned by Brian Gray of Razor.

As you can imagine, many accusations have been tossed around including that Razor cherry-picked the best autographs and sold them on eBay and stuck collectors with the commons for Ink Archives. I can’t imagine for one second that Brian would be so brazen to attempt such a scheme and destroy the credibility of his company. Ultimately, we will find out the truth when Ink Archives starts popping up on YouTube.

The question I have is why did Razor not sell the Inkworks autographs not being included in Archives through its much-publicised eBay account? I spoke with Brian last night and he informed me that there were plenty of the “big name” autographs being included in Ink Archives and that there were so many leftover cards that there might even be a second series released in the near future.

This story is brought to you by the power of the Internet.

Update - Brian has informed Wax Heaven that the remaining Inkworks cards have been removed from eBay. He also stated that the reason they were being sold on another account was because the cards were not produced by Razor.

http://completist.wordpress.com/

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of rubadub001
posted Hide Post
Man - that sucks.

I won a couple auctions from wwwaitexascom and I do recall them having TONNES of Inkworks autographs.

I'm glad my order for a case didn't go thru - especially after hearing this news. I might try one or two packs, but my interest in buying this product has definitely diminished.

Check out my Trade List Apr 16.09: http://nonsportupdate.infopop....&r=37010938#37010938

Posts: 654 | Location: Toronto, ON, Canada | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
I'm not surprised at all. lol

Still, I wish those that gambled on this product get their moneys worth at the very least and hopefully some big additions to their collections. Thumb Up

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
This could be a PR nightmare for Razor. Even if there are "plenty" (a very subjective term) of big autos in the set, the perception is going to be that the set is filled with mostly less-expensive autos.

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
This comes as NO surprise to me.

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I figured they were in on it when they all of a sudden had TONS of inkworks autos a few weeks back. Same went for the seller in the UK, and I have suspicions about a couple of other dealers that have recently listed a lot of Inkworks cards.

For what its worth, I did get a couple of good deals from both of those sellers, shortly after they listed their items.

I would also say that I don't see a problem with them selling whatever they own. The problem potentially comes IF the Ink Archives is full of cr@p autos without a good hit to be found. That remains to be seen.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Vandelay,

Posts: 57 | Location: Fayetteville, AR, USA | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
Whats funny is I had a convo with someone about that seller about a week ago.

I noticed the Razor rep that posts here is from Dallas Tx and that ebay seller was from Frisco. I noticed the HUGE influx of Inkworks autos and said that it was a front connected to Razor.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:
Since Adam at Razor has been good enough to post comments here before, perhaps we would do well to see what he has to say before jumping to any conclusions.

What conclusions are we not to jump to Kennywood? That not all the high end cards were inserted in this release? We pretty much know that already. lol

And Adam gave "no comment" to a question which rubadub001 asked & posted back on page 1 of this thread,
quote:
"2) Will ALL of the autographs purchased from Inkworks be included in the Ink Archives products (i.e. Will some be held back for other products/releases)?.

Now that's not saying that there won't be any high end cards to be found in this release. My thinking on it is that it's probably not going to be any different than any other release where a case will net you only a few (if that) high end cards. Single box purchases are more of a gamble.

To expect more is simply unrealistic.

But that's just my opinion. Smile

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
What seems to be bothering people most is not that they were selling cards on ebay, everyone expected the cards to turn up there, but that they were selling them in advance of the same cards being sold in pack/box/case format. Essentially they are directly competing with their own unreleased product and pulling in the highest sale prices and dropping the prices before the cards hit from the cases. At least 6 of the cards pictured on the sell sheet were being sold by the wwwtexascom account so that is direct competion with what is coming out in May.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Razor has been doing a lot of clever things and its great to think outside the box, but there is such a thing as getting too cute.

If they lose credibility with collectors, that's the end of it. As long as Ink Archives delivers what it promised and people pull a few high end cards all will be well. If the inventory for this product has been watered down to nothing but filler it will come back to haunt them. Simple as that. Wink

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Razor has been doing a lot of clever things and its great to think outside the box, but there is such a thing as getting too cute.

It was cute the way you put that... but not too cute Big Grin Wink

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
In my opinion, Razor business practices these days are neither cute nor clever.

posted Hide Post
Based on the whole Razor Ink & Inkworks situation, I am selling off my duplicate and unwanted Inkworks cards this week. I really did want to hang on to them for the foreseeable future just because I like to look at them, but I just can't bear to watch the value drop any more once all these extra autos hit the market this summer. Its gonna be a bloodbath, I believe.

Posts: 57 | Location: Fayetteville, AR, USA | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi_Collector
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vandelay:
Based on the whole Razor Ink & Inkworks situation, I am selling off my unwanted Inkworks cards

If you don't want them, then getting rid of them is the best option. Also if you bought them knowing you didn't want them, then why did you buy them?

quote:
I really did want to hang on to them for the foreseeable future

If you got the cards 5 years ago, then right now IS the future

Posts: 1602 | Location: Nevada | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post