Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Razor Ink Archives
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andrew H.:
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:

And that's the major detraction for me on this product. As a non seller all I'd be doing is hoping to get lucky with cards I don't already have and not get stuck with cards I don't need.

Seeing as though I have so little of everything, I'll take one stab at it, hehe. Just one!

I agree! I wouldn't mind new auto cards from Smallville, Buffy, Angel, Supernatural, Serenity, Firefly, or Charmed. However, seeing the prices of auto cards from this release on Ebay, I think my one box purchase will be my only one and just pick up the rest online. As fun as it will be to open my box, I can't see myself spending the same amount of money to get a random pack as I would to get an autograph that I need for my collection...

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Purchased 4 boxes of Ink archives. I was very disappointed in them after spending $75 a box
Received $5 and $10 ebay autographs. Should have gone to ebay and save money. Didn't get any autographs that were any good. Fun to to open, but not worth it. I wonder if these will be closeout?
Audrey

Posts: 18 | Location: Englewood,Co | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
I had some qualms about this release. My first thought was how it was going to effect master sets?.. and are these cards going to have a separate listing and value compared to when they were released under Inkworks?

After realizing that, well, to each their own and there are no definates when it comes to collecting- I wouldn't mind getting some of these. I don't have many cards anymore and now, I just want to collect autos that mean something to me.

For example, Vladamir Kulich (correct sp?) I loved him as The Beast in Angel but I really want his auto card because of his acting in the 13th Warrior.

Posts: 1458 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
The only effect that these cards should have on master sets is making them easier to complete due the the wave of cards being made available to collectors. There is no need to list them separately as Razor did nothing but place them in holders that are not sealed.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hollypop:
For example, Vladamir Kulich (correct sp?) I loved him as The Beast in Angel but I really want his auto card because of his acting in the 13th Warrior.

Funny, I pulled this card from a Razor Ink pack the other day. Not being a collector of the Angel cards and not knowing the actor's name I wasn't that interested. Then I read the back and was quite happy.

I loved the 13th Warrior and have the DVD. Never understood why the film bombed, it has great action and Antonio Banderas. Anyhow Kulich was the lead Viking, and he would have made a great Thor back then. Hope you pull one soon hollypop. Smile

Posts: 10374 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
The 13th Warrior was a great movie, wasn't it?

And all those Vikings *sighs*

I've been wanting the Kulich card for quite some time. I'm going to need all the luck I can get, Raven- thanks. Smile

Posts: 1458 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by igman7:
The only effect that these cards should have on master sets is making them easier to complete due the the wave of cards being made available to collectors. There is no need to list them separately as Razor did nothing but place them in holders that are not sealed.

Okay.. that makes sense. Maybe I should read the rest of the thread but I'll ask anyway.

Seeing has how these cards are out, does anyone think that the value of certain autos will go down due the harder to get ones now being more available?

**I was told by Inkworks years ago that they ran out of the Charmed Season 1 Holly Marie Combs auto card. If one pops up, I will be more than miffed**

(I hope I made sense Roll Eyes)

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hollypop:
quote:
Originally posted by igman7:

Okay.. that makes sense. Maybe I should read the rest of the thread but I'll ask anyway.

Seeing has how these cards are out, does anyone think that the value of certain autos will go down due the harder to get ones now being more available?

**I was told by Inkworks years ago that they ran out of the Charmed Season 1 Holly Marie Combs auto card. If one pops up, I will be more than miffed**

(I hope I made sense Roll Eyes)

Honestly, I don't think there are going to be enough of the "big" autographs to make that much of a temporary dent in the market. I don't think Inkworks had large numbers of the A-List autos. It's very possible that Inkworks kept one or two of everything as a sample of past work. So as long as 1 went into the product, Razor's advertising was correct.

That said, I think the biggest effect is going to be on the mid-level autographs. These are going to be much more plentiful, at least for the time being, and their prices will start to equal the low-end cards.

Low end pretty much can't be affected because how much lower can you really go. Most don't sell on ebay anyway, so there will just be a few more not selling.

There are two positive aspects of Ink Archives from a dealer's standpoint (i.e. ME)...

First I like the fact that a company bought the cards and made a product I could sell. Much better than the cards that went to an eBay seller who is my direct competition

Second is there might be some renewed interest in older sets once people get some of the autos in their hands. Might make them more interested in the rest of the set. Or not.

Ink Archives is great for what it is: a grab-bag product. Not for investment potential, but for a fun open it's right on target.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
Honestly, I don't think there are going to be enough of the "big" autographs to make that much of a temporary dent in the market.

That said, I think the biggest effect is going to be on the mid-level autographs. These are going to be much more plentiful, at least for the time being, and their prices will start to equal the low-end cards.

Low end pretty much can't be affected because how much lower can you really go.

Second is there might be some renewed interest in older sets once people get some of the autos in their hands.

Ink Archives is great for what it is: a grab-bag product. Not for investment potential, but for a fun open it's right on target.

Ed

I think your comments are pretty much dead on.

From a collector's standpoint I don't believe you should buy cases looking for a big hit to make it all up. Also if you already have most of the autographs in Buffy, or Smallville, or Alias, or Angel, or Firefly, etc., then you may wind up with a lot of duplication on the mid to lower end cards.

However if you didn't go deep into those Inkwork products, its a good way to get autograph cards you don't have. And some high end hits have been reported, so there is still the anticipation of pulling a big one, even if the odds are against it. Let's face it, the odds are always against it. Big Grin

Posts: 10374 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Andrew H.
posted Hide Post
Or those of us who got in on the Inkworks thing a bit late... Like me. Smile

http://www.whodidthewhatnow.com

Posts: 66 | Location: Lodi, NY | Registered: June 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Orange
posted Hide Post
quote:

Right there with you Andrew. I missed out on many of these sets the first time around. I have been like a kid a candy(or card) store the last week and a half. I am very sad to see Inkworks go just as I am returning to the hobby, but at least I am able to pick up some of the autos I missed out on.

Posts: 26 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
The 13th Warrior was a great movie, wasn't it?

And all those Vikings *sighs*

It's funny you should mention that - I only recently caught a surprisingly good film centered around the Norsemen. It starts off as a sci-fi, but quickly and magnificently changes into an adventure/thriller.

'Outlander' (2008) with James Caviezel and the very stunning Sophia Myles.

Posts: 6 | Location: Honolulu, Hawaii | Registered: June 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's me, too. I probably won't be able to pick up any high-end autos, but I can hopefully get some of the many autographs I am missing.

Posts: 1457 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
This product is great for people looking to pick up mid and low end autographs, but let's be real, the "high end" autos are even fewer in number than I think even the most pessimistic of us thought. For high end we mostly see a lot of Ozzy Osbourne, Kristen Bell, a few Eliza Dushku Angel autos, a couple of Summer Glau and 1 season 2 Alias auto of Jennifer Garner.

I have yet to see a single Alyssa Milano, Holly Marie Combs, Rose McGowan, any buffy auto from seasons 1,2 or 3 except Juliet Landau and Kristine Sutherland, etc.

I read a lot of breaks on a lot of boards and check to see what turns up on ebay and while I only expected to a couple of these cards to turn up I'm surprise to have not seen any so far.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of TWS
posted Hide Post
Yeah I aggree with everyone that the better or harder to get autographs are not in this release which really doesn't surprise me now that I've opened so many cases myself plus I read and seen what everyone has been finding. I figure Razor held back all the good autographs and will release a higher end product but charge accordingly. To me this was a lame release of $5-$10 Ebay available autographs. Got lots of Looney Tunes Warner Brothers Autographs though. Plus 98% of Worthless "Encapsulated" junk..The best card I got was a Sharon Osbourne Auto..

Razor Mad Shake Head Twak

Posts: 2099 | Location: none | Registered: September 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Greetings All,

I am Adam Berk with Razor Collectibles, I just found this site a few days ago and would like to introduce myself and answer any and all questions surrounding our upcoming release Razor Ink Archives.

I know there are a ton of questions, many of which I have read in the previous posts.

Each pack will contain 1 autographed card in a Magnetic One Touch Holder. 5 packs per box, 12 boxes per case.

With over 400 different names in the set it is impossible to list them all out, but below is a rough list:

Seth McFarlane, Eliza Dushku, Jennifer Garner Ozzy Osbourne, Evangeline Lilly, John Ritter, Alyssa Milano, Rose McGowan, Gillian Anderson, Lara Flynn Boyle, Summer Glau, Josh Holloway, Brendan Fraser, Heather Locklear, Steve Martin, Kristen Bell, Alicia Silverstone, Kirsten Dunst, Lacey Chabert, Jamie Lynn Sigler, plus many many more....

Complete / Fairly Complete autograph sets:

Mummy Returns, Serenity, Firefly, Lost, Lost Revelations, Sopranos (MINUS ILER), Loony Tunes, Seeker, Witchblade, Simpsons Mania, Lost in Space, Scooby Doo 2, Osbournes, Smallville, Veronica Mars, Buffy, Jericho, Family Guy, Spike, Seeker, Supernatural, 4400, Charmed, Charmed Conversations, plus many more.

I welcome all questions and can be reached anytime at adam@razorcollectibles.com

THAT IS THE QUOTE FROM THE ORIGINAL POST
I have not seen a lot of the high end ones let alone a complet run of Buffy, Spike, Charmed

Posts: 3874 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Perfect Tommy
posted Hide Post
Was always wondering what "Fairly Complete" meant in that post, mostly because it made it seem that the run included all of the seasons of the tv shows.

After seeing all the pulls and questions for this release, I am really glad I didn't invest in a grab bag box. But I'll give a few dollars to those who did for a few of those lower end autos.

Posts: 736 | Location: DFW | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of clearblue
posted Hide Post
it's a fun product to bust.. almost everyone that's opened this product will probably agree.. if you open more than a pack or more than a box, i think the fun factor grows even more.. clearly all boxes cannot be winners and Razor never said there would be more than one of the highend cards.. it's not surprising to me that you haven't heard reports of any of these cards being hit because not everyone posts their findings, brags about their pulls, or sells stuff on eBay. It's hardly scientific to think they're non-existent just because one hasn't come across some of the listed hits. I have a Guillermo Del Toro.. that's quite decent. This isn't directed at anyone, well, maybe the haters of this product.

Posts: 366 | Location: Richmond | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
i will say this...ive opened up a few boxes of wolverine and LOTR masterpieces....and for my 50 dollar investments, i often times would end up with a two 1 dollar sketchs from LOTR, or two 3 dollar autographs from Wolverine...its just luck of the draw. your taking a chance. its not like they are charging an insane ammount for a sealed box that contains 5 on card certified autographs from popular series'. I figure it this way...this box doesnt seem to break poorly at all considering. for 75 dollars, you got 5 certified autographs...and a chance at BELL or glau autos...thats not bad...i wish i was guaranteed at least that ammount of autos and value out of a lot of sketch boxes and auto boxes ive opened up.

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
it's a great time to fill in inkworks sets thoughSmile..

I can not believe all the Firefly autographs that are being pulled.. I guess they could have put 2 in each box of Firefly Eek

I've grown kind of fond of the cases they use.

Posts: 3874 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post