Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Help: Strictly Ink 'Celebrity Sketches'
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help: Strictly Ink 'Celebrity Sketches'
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted
Does anyone know if the Strictly Ink 'Celebrity Sketch' stock was used for an Avengers release?

Does anyone have a list of artists who worked on 'Celebrity Sketch' stock?

I'm trying to get these into the TCM checklist system, but I can't figure out how to get them listed, and am getting information that they were used for an 'Avengers' release, but I can't figure out which release or if that is indeed accurate.

Thanks!

Jon

Posts: 5413 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes it was. I bought an Avengers Additions pack numbered to 50 they released a few years ago with I think had two sketches and a Patrick Macnee auto.Both sketches were on Celebrity sketches card stock.Will see if I can post a photo tomorrow.The two sketches I had were by Carolyn Edwards and Robert Aragon.

Just noticed there is a box breakdown page for this with some pictures.It is listed as Avengers Series Three Strictly Ink 2008 but it was definitely titled Avengers Additions Collection as you got a numbered to 50 red anfd gold header card.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Celebrity Sketch cards also appeared as part of the Strictly Ink Yearbox 2008. One of my packs from that included one by Robert Hack and I'm pretty sure I got a couple more in the 2009 Yearsets. I don't think it's possible to assign them to any one release.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As memory serves the "Celebrity Sketches" were also used for the limited Professionals release at the same time as Avengers Additions.

Posts: 277 | Location: Hell, England | Registered: December 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yikes, this is what I was afraid of. . .

Thank you all. . . now I just need to figure out how I'm going to group these. . .

At this point I'm leaning towards adding a 'set' for The Avengers Celebrity Sketch, as well as The Professionals Celebrity Sketch. . . as well as all the other Avengers and Professionals releases. . . but I'm open to suggestion.

Thanks!

Jon

Posts: 5413 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The stock was sent out to cover the following
(1) Avengers
(2) The Professionals
(3) celebrities / rock stars / etc
I group mine under whatever the set was for

Posts: 377 | Location: Ohio | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post