Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Help: Strictly Ink 'Celebrity Sketches'

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/8817076116

October 26, 2011, 11:55 AM
webjon
Help: Strictly Ink 'Celebrity Sketches'
Does anyone know if the Strictly Ink 'Celebrity Sketch' stock was used for an Avengers release?

Does anyone have a list of artists who worked on 'Celebrity Sketch' stock?

I'm trying to get these into the TCM checklist system, but I can't figure out how to get them listed, and am getting information that they were used for an 'Avengers' release, but I can't figure out which release or if that is indeed accurate.

Thanks!

Jon
October 26, 2011, 04:49 PM
Triple-Frog
Yes it was. I bought an Avengers Additions pack numbered to 50 they released a few years ago with I think had two sketches and a Patrick Macnee auto.Both sketches were on Celebrity sketches card stock.Will see if I can post a photo tomorrow.The two sketches I had were by Carolyn Edwards and Robert Aragon.

Just noticed there is a box breakdown page for this with some pictures.It is listed as Avengers Series Three Strictly Ink 2008 but it was definitely titled Avengers Additions Collection as you got a numbered to 50 red anfd gold header card.
October 26, 2011, 06:35 PM
Kevin F
The Celebrity Sketch cards also appeared as part of the Strictly Ink Yearbox 2008. One of my packs from that included one by Robert Hack and I'm pretty sure I got a couple more in the 2009 Yearsets. I don't think it's possible to assign them to any one release.
October 26, 2011, 06:50 PM
jaseb
As memory serves the "Celebrity Sketches" were also used for the limited Professionals release at the same time as Avengers Additions.
October 26, 2011, 07:45 PM
webjon
Yikes, this is what I was afraid of. . .

Thank you all. . . now I just need to figure out how I'm going to group these. . .

At this point I'm leaning towards adding a 'set' for The Avengers Celebrity Sketch, as well as The Professionals Celebrity Sketch. . . as well as all the other Avengers and Professionals releases. . . but I'm open to suggestion.

Thanks!

Jon
October 26, 2011, 08:22 PM
Don Pedicini Jr.
The stock was sent out to cover the following
(1) Avengers
(2) The Professionals
(3) celebrities / rock stars / etc
I group mine under whatever the set was for