Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Timem Cards
 Login/Join

posted
Hi, has anyone purchased Autograph cards from the online site Timem?

I am specifically looking at a Walter Koenig card (#WK1 $30) and a Frank Gorshin card (#FG1 $25).
The prices are reasonable but I would like to know about the quality / authenticity of the cards.

Posts: 26 | Location: Wales UK | Registered: January 16, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I did not know that timem was still in business, so can not advise you about using any websites they are on or any new cards they are releasing.

If you are asking were they distributing authentic autograph cards? They were. Many years back people like Sybil Danning, Sarah Douglas, James Marsters and Claudia Christian among others signed on timem cards. They were cheaply made, cheaply sold ($25 was a high), but genuine signatures. The celebrities were usually more cult favorites than anything else. You can still find some of these cards on eBay. They were made with the permission of the signer and need no other copyright, so they are not considered unlicensed.

Specifically I have never seen a Koenig or Gorshin timem card, but Gorshin passed away in 2005. He is considered a sort-after autograph in certain circles, so I would check that one out carefully. The price of Koenig's Star Trek autos were coming down with the supply increase, although prices may have risen again. If you are a fan, a licensed Star Trek card would probably be a better value. That is only my opinion.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I bought a Barbara Leigh autograph card by Timem at SDCC about twenty years ago and they were legit. I agree with Raven that you might check if they are for sale elsewhere where you have buyer protection before buying from an old small company website unless someone vouches for the website or you do more research (does the site look well-maintained and updated?).

I see that the Leigh card is still holding that $25 value it sold for back then with two selling just two days ago.

I met Frank Gorshin at SDCC around 1999 - nice guy. I got his autograph for my stepdad who was a big fan of his stand-up/impressions. I remember his talk show appearances in the 70's.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by Brian T:
Hi, has anyone purchased Autograph cards from the online site Timem?

I am specifically looking at a Walter Koenig card (#WK1 $30) and a Frank Gorshin card (#FG1 $25).
The prices are reasonable but I would like to know about the quality / authenticity of the cards.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
They are reliable and you should be able to purchase without any worries.

Timem still pushes their sales through ebay under the seller time machine and much of it looks like inventory they are still trying to get out the door. Many of their listings come with a best offer. I don't know about the other items but the trading cards have basic licensing information often linked with the celebrity webpage. (which may or may not still be operating)

I purchased a Danning a year or so ago and it came with COA from the company. Most of the celebrities associated with Timem are autographs that many card collectors are super familiar with.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for your response.
I saw the Frank Gorshin card on ebay and tracked it back to the Timem website. I just thought that if everything was fine (which it appears to be) I would pick up some other cards to justify the shipping to the UK.
Thanks again.

Posts: 26 | Location: Wales UK | Registered: January 16, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just an update.
I ordered a Walter Koenig card and a Frank Gorshin card direct from Timem (which was cheaper than purchasing them through eBay).
The cards arrived today both with a COA. They both look great and are a nice addition to my collection.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Hey Brian,

Glad that worked out, the Timem cards were all nicely signed when I saw them. Did not know they were still selling them.

Surprised they still had Gorshin though. That's a great pick up for the price. Besides his own career, his role in one of the original Star Trek's more memorable episodes makes him a favorite autograph among those collectors. Maybe they will sell out now. Wink

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I looked at the Timem website. Yes, I think the Gorshin is a great buy too. You can get the Mira Furlan Mystery card for the same price elsewhere and Barbara Leigh's autograph card is actually cheaper elsewhere but you probably get a break on the shipping that makes it worth getting any two or three cards at a close enough combined price. I remembered a few of the other actresses but a couple of the other ones might be more famous in Europe.

Yeah, Gorshin was a great actor. It was great meeting him. I think my stepdad saw him doing stand-up in the early-mid 70's in San Francisco. I saw him on talk shows like Merv Griffin. He did fantastic impressions. He didn't do a lot of impressions like Rick Little or Fred Travalena. He did just a few, two being Burt Lancaster and Kirk Douglas, but he seemed to transform into those people, not just closely mimicking the voice but also matching the attitude, mannerisms, and expressions.

quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Hey Brian,

Glad that worked out, the Timem cards were all nicely signed when I saw them. Did not know they were still selling them.

Surprised they still had Gorshin though. That's a great pick up for the price. Besides his own career, his role in one of the original Star Trek's more memorable episodes makes him a favorite autograph among those collectors. Maybe they will sell out now. Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post