Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Inkworks Titanic
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
E Bay # 254853994764
Dose any one know wether Inkworks included Pieceworks cards in their Titanic set as far as I am aware there were only the base cards
Thanks
Piko

Posts: 758 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The checklist is on Allender's site under 'Titanic [Movie]'

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
There's nothing in the Inkworks Titanic "steamer box" except a really small 25 card base set. Never were pieceworks. The big attraction seemed to be the presentation of the packaging, but they made 10,000 of them.

The sealed box was listed as $85 when I found two for sale about 12 years after the 1997 movie. I paid $20 a piece and the dealer was happy to get rid of them. He was right.

As you can see from eBay, there are still full cases of 10 trunks left over. The product sunk, pun intended. Big Grin

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your replies
I have the set but still sealed so could not find out about the #23 card
I was interested in the item but dont quiet know what they mean and the COA well it stands for itself
Thanks

Posts: 758 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Yeah, interesting listing. Sliver of prop wood, self-certified of course, and one genuine base card. If only Inkworks had that idea instead of a steamer truck box they could have made some money. Wink

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Was the listing pulled? I can't find it.

Posts: 2198 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I didn't find it by the number. I searched for Titanic Prop Card, All Categories, and the listing that came up is still open. I assume it's either the same item or a similar one, as the base card is not #23.

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Gotta be legit. COA says he's been dealing props for 3 years.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I liked Dart's Titanic (history) set. I put together a master set and then sold it a few years later.

I didn't like the movie. Spoiler alert...she said she would never let go and then she let go.

Jess

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Don't get this mixed up with the Cult Stuff Titanic set which did have prop cards in it.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
I wonder if PSA will slab the trunk and put a 10 on it??

Posts: 4843 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looking at what is for sale to my mind it is an Inkworks Titanic card from the trunk being repackaged along with a piece of wooden deck from the Titanic made for the film. Potentially the seller could repackage the entire 25 cards or even more if they had more than one trunk. The certificate confirms the origin of the piece of wood. Equally they may have acquired the cards loose either way as Ed says its a legit way of getting rid of spare cards but only if they sell. If it had been a real piece of the real ship that would be more interesting. Years ago I went to a Titanic exhibition at the Science Museum in London whereby it was possible to touch a real piece of the ship that had been brought up from the depths.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I think its a clever way to mount a display that resembles a prop card. Since we are talking about pieces of wood from a movie set being the prop in question, anyone in the area could have wound up with lots of spare material left over and its legit for any owner of such material to give out a personal COA on it.

Once again the only issue is whether or not the listing's description confuses someone into thinking the whole item was issued by Inkworks because the encapsulated card comes from their Titanic set. The one I saw didn't seem to cross the line, so I didn't think it was misrepresenting anything if it's wanted for what it is.

Could someone make the mistake of reading it to be a certified Inkworks prop card? Possibly, but that's why you have to be careful. A lot of cards are being hand crafted and dumped on eBay now. Some are totally unlicensed cards and some are modifications of licensed cards and their parts. Most do not make a brand new legit item to me, but I find it much less problematic when a display has been created, rather than just trying to alter an already licensed item. That's why this little Titanic prop display doesn't bother me, but when they take a certified autograph sticker from one card and add it to another relic card from a completely different product and call it a hybrid, I won't touch Frankenstein's unlicensed monster.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
On a side note.

I just got married yesterday on the Grand Staircase at the Titanic Museum in Pigeon Forge.

The Inkworks box makes for a great ring bearer case. Smile

Posts: 4843 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Mykdude! I assume it was tricky to work that out with COVID restrictions and maybe expensive?

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
On a side note.

I just got married yesterday on the Grand Staircase at the Titanic Museum in Pigeon Forge.

The Inkworks box makes for a great ring bearer case. Smile

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
Congratulations Mykdude! I assume it was tricky to work that out with COVID restrictions and maybe expensive?

Jess

Thanks!

Not as expensive as you would think. You can look up the cost on their website. I called to plan it out last June and they said they weren't doing weddings until March because of covid. I told the coordinator I would wait and we were the first Wedding there in over a year. I think they are still taking it slow but she basically told me that I talked her into it. Wink

Given that it was a basically a one stop shop full service wedding I was completely thrilled with the end result. Oh....and she liked it too. Cool

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Seeing as I started this thread
Congratulations also
Did you bring back any pieces of the deck ?

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Congrats mykdude and best wishes for you and the Mrs. Clap I saw Raven congratulating you earlier in the Green Hornet thread and I honestly had no idea what that was in reference to. Now I see. Thumb Up

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Logan, you really have to read all the new posts and remember the threads from two years ago in order to realize this is all one big conversation with occasional lengthy asides rather than a bunch of unrelated discussions.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
Congrats mykdude and best wishes for you and the Mrs. Clap I saw Raven congratulating you earlier in the Green Hornet thread and I honestly had no idea what that was in reference to. Now I see. Thumb Up