Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    A big thanks to everone
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A big thanks to everone
 Login/Join

Picture of Stargaterules
posted
Hi all , I just wanted to say thanks to everyone that helped me with my posts and put up with my Stargate rants . I have been going through Cancer treatments the past 6 months and i was in remission till today when i got a notice i have about 2 weeks - a month . It has been fun collecting cards and it has really kept me busy . This post isn't to get sympothy or anything like that . Just thanking everyone and wishing everyone happy card collecting ~! I just wish the Castle set came out earlier then Fall . /bow
James

Posts: 91 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I am for once totally lost for words, i am so sorry for you James. Frown

They've been wrong before and they could be wrong this time, do not give up hope. Wavey

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
I am for once totally lost for words, i am so sorry for you James. Frown

They've been wrong before and they could be wrong this time, do not give up hope. Wavey

I agree with Wolfie. I know you said you didn't come on here for sympathy but....

I am really glad the forum helps even a little.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
James, I don't know you, but I'll think of you every time I pull a great card out of a pack. I'm not really a religious person, but I'll say a few prayers for you anyway. Hope the big guy (gal?) up there is a card collector.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MikeFitz
posted Hide Post
James
I'm very sorry to hear of this news.
However, I've had personal experience with things that seem miraculous, so keep the light burning inside and don't give up.
I wish you the strength and serenity to deal with whatever lies ahead.

Posts: 1457 | Location: New England | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
James, you will be in my continued thoughts.

Posts: 377 | Location: Ohio | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with Wolfie as well James. Don't give up hope. You will be in my prayers.

Posts: 90 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Keep fighting - you never know you might get that Castle set.

Best Wishes and keep strong. You will be in my thoughts as well

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Patdata
posted Hide Post
Aim for the Castle set, and the set after that, and the set after....
As lots of people have said, you just never know. I have known people who were given months and were still happily defying the odds years later. Good luck and keep fighting to see that next set...

Posts: 1098 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
That's crazy to hear about this. I'll be thinking of you and looking forward to you beating the odds.

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Stargaterules
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for the nice thoughts. It's hard to put into words how i feel but at least this has brought a smile to my face .Thanks again ~!

Posts: 91 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I am sure I'm not the only person who has read this and felt speechless. . . Know that for every person who knows what to say -- I couldn't say it better than MikeFitz did -- there are many more who are reading and thinking good thoughts but don't know how to put it into the right words.

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My thoughts, hopes and good wishes are with you, James.

Posts: 235 | Location: UK | Registered: March 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I spent some time in working on a cancer floor and wish you well... sometimes there are no words. If a miracle doesn't work out for you, please have someone update us and give an address for condolences. I'll put you in my prayers and raise a wrapper to your bravery my friend, --Chris

Posts: 423 | Location: Heaven (Barrie, Ontario, Canada) | Registered: June 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I hadn't planned on buying a box of the Castle cards (even though I like the show), but now I'll buy a box just to make sure I have some to trade with you when the time comes, James.

Stay strong, and let some of that strength come from the knowledge that many people care about you. No one can say for sure what will happen.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
They can always be wrong, I was told I had less then 6 months left and that was 7 years ago. Dont give up hope!!

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Hi James,
Could you please contact me at miranda.anderson@cryptozoic.com?
Thanks!

quote:
Originally posted by Stargaterules:
Hi all , I just wanted to say thanks to everyone that helped me with my posts and put up with my Stargate rants . I have been going through Cancer treatments the past 6 months and i was in remission till today when i got a notice i have about 2 weeks - a month . It has been fun collecting cards and it has really kept me busy . This post isn't to get sympothy or anything like that . Just thanking everyone and wishing everyone happy card collecting ~! I just wish the Castle set came out earlier then Fall . /bow
James

Posts: 36 | Location: Irvine, Ca | Registered: May 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
James, Hang on in there, take it a day at a time and get as much as you can out of everything - and know that you have friends here and elsewhere pulling for you.
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
James, saw this a few days ago and was at a loss as to what to say. You are in a tough spot right now, but because they said you had 2 weeks - a month doesn't mean that's all you get.
Hang in there and fight it, and prove them wrong. Look at each hour you have as a gift. My best to you,man.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
I first read this and.. was struck speechless.

All I can say is take each day and live for every moment. Don't even focus on the future. Smile often, cry a lot but stay strong, positive and never give up.

Know you are loved. Because you are.
*hugs*

Posts: 1458 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post