Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Harry Potter - Missing Autographs from Notable Characters
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Harry Potter - Missing Autographs from Notable Characters
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted
Anyone know if any of these individuals have signed for other trading card sets/ I would like some kind of authentic signature on a licensed card from something to complete my collection

Actors/Actresses – Main Cast of characters who have not signed:

Robbie Coltrane- Rubeus Hagrid
Ralph Fiennes- Lord Voldemort
Alan Rickman- Severus Snape
Emma Thompson- Professor Sybil Trelawney
Mark Williams- Arthur Weasley
Imelda Staunton- Dolores Umbridge
Timothy Spall- Wormtail (Peter Pettigrew)
Richard Harris- Dumbledore (SS & COS)
Bill Nighy- Rufus Scrimgeour
Domhnall Gleeson- Bill Weasley
J.K. Rowling- Creator, Author
Zoe Wanamaker- Madame Hooch
Sean Biggerstaff- Oliver Wood
Kelly Macdonald- Helena Ravenclaw

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'd really like one from the actor who played Arthur Weasley as well. I remember that there was a rumor going around that he would sign for COS or HBP, but it never came to be :-(

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I don't think anyone from your list has an autograph card.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
I don't think anyone from your list has an autograph card.

That is what I was afraid of. Maybe somedaySmile

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
It would have been a real coup if Artbox had acquired a J.K. Rowling auto. I'd love to know if they ever tried.

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have made many a custom card to round out my cast matte. The only ones on that list I am still missing is Bill Nighy & Domhnall Gleeson.

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I love that idea!

Do you have a written list of who all is on your matte?

Even zooming in it is hard to make out some of them. I would like to update my list of people I need to track down if I missed someone important.

ThanksSmile

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Remember ts we all still hate you...I mean envy you.. Smile

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flag City Collectibles:
I love that idea!

Do you have a written list of who all is on your matte?

Even zooming in it is hard to make out some of them. I would like to update my list of people I need to track down if I missed someone important.

ThanksSmile

Here is a larger shot.

Hope that help. But, here is a list of the custom cards I made. Starting from the top (L to R).

-Gary Oldman, Maggie Smith, Helen McCrory, Alan Rickman

-Robbie Coltrane, Timothy Spall

-Richard Harris, Jim Broadbent, Andy Linden, Helena Bonham Carter, Hero Fiennes-Tiffin, JK Rowling

-Brendan Gleeson, Ralph Fiennes, David Legeno

-Mark Williams, Scarlett Byrne

-Rhys Ifans, Matyelok Gibbs, Rod Hunt

-Sean Biggerstaff, Imelda Staunton, David Ryall

-Jeff Rawle, Toby Jones, John Hurt, Ciaran Hinds, Hazel Douglas

-Zoe Wanamaker, Emma Thompson, Steffan Rhodri, Sophie Thompson

-Shirley Henderson, John Cleese

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
I am VERY impressed you got Alan Rickman to sign! He refuses point blank to sign Potter items through the mail. Did you get that in person by any chance?

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WarriorBabe:
I am VERY impressed you got Alan Rickman to sign! He refuses point blank to sign Potter items through the mail. Did you get that in person by any chance?

Coltrane doesn't like to sign either and Artbox can't seem to find Gleeson to complete their old redemptions. Big Grin

TS . . . When you say that you made the cards, do you mean that the signatures are facsimiles also? Or do you get the cards you made authentically signed afterwards?

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
I'm not completely sure, but I think your chances of getting a Richard Harris autograph on a card are virtually nonexistent.

Posts: 1458 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:

Coltrane doesn't like to sign either and Artbox can't seem to find Gleeson to complete their old redemptions. Big Grin

TS . . . When you say that you made the cards, do you mean that the signatures are facsimiles also? Or do you get the cards you made authentically signed afterwards?

Yes, I made the custom cards. And most of them were signed. The ones I can't get signed (ie-Rickman,Harris,etc). I have gotten signed plain cards (from reputable dealers) and matted them behind my custom cards. I also did that with Gleeson. I had a redemption card with Artbox..Which I am still waiting for. But, I had a signed 3x5 card Brendan signed ttm for me about 5yrs ago. Luckily, it was a small signature and I was able to matte it behind one of my cards.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ts:
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:

Yes, I made the custom cards. And most of them were signed. The ones I can't get signed (ie-Rickman,Harris,etc). I have gotten signed plain cards (from reputable dealers) and matted them behind my custom cards. I also did that with Gleeson. I had a redemption card with Artbox..Which I am still waiting for. But, I had a signed 3x5 card Brendan signed ttm for me about 5yrs ago. Luckily, it was a small signature and I was able to matte it behind one of my cards.

Would your collection include an Imelda Staunton? She's an autograph I'd love to have.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jane:
Would your collection include an Imelda Staunton? She's an autograph I'd love to have.

Yes..She is a great through the mail signer. If you need her agent address. Just let me know.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear that! Yes, I'd love the agency's name(I'll have to figure out how to do the whole across the pond thing). My email address is in my profile. Thank you!

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post