Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dinosaur Cards
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MikeFitz
posted
I recently purchased a box of "Dinosaur" cards put out by First Glance around 1993.
This was supposed to be the first of three series and has skip numbering to be filled in by series two and three.
I'm wondering if any of you know if the last two series were ever released.
I believe First Glance was a Canadian company.
These are nice art cards and I'd love to finish the set.

Posts: 1457 | Location: New England | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeFitz:
I recently purchased a box of "Dinosaur" cards put out by First Glance around 1993.
This was supposed to be the first of three series and has skip numbering to be filled in by series two and three.
I'm wondering if any of you know if the last two series were ever released.
I believe First Glance was a Canadian company.
These are nice art cards and I'd love to finish the set.

Hello fellow New Englander.
The next time I'm near a Dollar Store I'll go inside and check them out. I know I've seen them in
the store before, but I didn't buy any.
Fred

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MikeFitz
posted Hide Post
quote:
The next time I'm near a Dollar Store I'll go inside and check them out. I know I've seen them in

Really!
There are a number of "Dinosaur" sets out there.
If you see cards from the 2nd or 3rd series from First Glance, I'd love to hear about it. Thanks.

Posts: 1457 | Location: New England | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeFitz:
quote:

Really!
There are a number of "Dinosaur" sets out there.
If you see cards from the 2nd or 3rd series from First Glance, I'd love to hear about it. Thanks.

Does the outside of the packs say 2nd or 3rd series on them, or do I have to look for
a print date ?
But at least now I know they're done by "First Glance", right ?
Fred

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This was the only set that was issued.There is no card # 70 in the first set as well.AS far as I can remeber it was sold primarily at oneof the museums in Ottawa,Ontario

This message has been edited. Last edited by: silmapco,

Posts: 2604 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MikeFitz
posted Hide Post
quote:
This was the only set that was issued.There is no card # 55 in the first set as well.AS far as I can remeber it was sold primarily at oneof the museums in Ottawa,Ontario

Thanks for that.
I didn't have a card #70, but plenty of 55s.

Freddy - Thanks for wanting to check them out for me, but it looks like the 2nd and 3rd series never happened. Too bad.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sorry correct my last post.I just checked and it is # 70

Posts: 2604 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post