Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Best box opening day in a long time.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best box opening day in a long time.
 Login/Join

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted
So, I went all out and ordered several boxes of cards on the cheap to get free shipping.
I will post the exact details in the box breakdown when I have the time.
I got a box of Breygent Vampirella 2
A box of The Guild
2 boxes of Star Trek Next Generation Heroes and Villains all for under 40.00 a box each.

Now my luck has been lukewarm for a while and I was just looking to have a fun pack busting night with my son. My 3 year old was not interested nor my wife this time.

My hopes for the box of Vampirella 2. Inserts I did not have. I got 4 puzzle pieces I needed. I got 4 3d cards I need 1 villains card 1 needed. A line art color card and a 2 part sketch (Unsigned on the front or back by the artist), it is a great full body sketch of Vampirella! I was Excited! Off to a great start.

My box of Star Trek Next Generation Heroes and Villains yielded 8 parallel cards, 2 romance, 2 remastered, 1 Undercover 1 regular auto 2 limited autos AND
1 Extremely Limited Patrick Stewart AUTO!!!!!!!
I was floored!
My son's box of Star Trek Next Generation Heroes and Villains yielded all different 8 parallel cards, 2 romance, 2 remastered, 1 undercover 1 regular auto and 3 limited autos (one of which is Paul Sorvino-which is awesome to me) and 1 of the 25th anniversary poster cards (1 in 2 boxes).

So now we are down to The Guild. My hope was for the Felicia Day costume card and my longshot it won't happen hope was for either of the Felicia Day autos. I got The Felicia Day costume card AND the A8 Felicia Day Autograph card. Great pack busting night.

But wait there is more. We got 6 jumbo packs of The Avengers for free which we are going to bust tonight.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: barobehere,

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Awesome breaks!

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
WOW!! Super luck!

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
And one last thing. The Felicia Day costume card contained a plaid piece with 5 different colors, 3 vertical lines and a ton of little horizontal white lines. I got to get a photobucket account to show everyone.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wvfan
posted Hide Post
Wow Congrats on those great breaks

Posts: 130 | Location: petersburg WV | Registered: December 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
CongratZ!!! Happy for you!

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
That sounds like fun. Sometimes you get lucky!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
congrats on your pulls

Posts: 2604 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
Nice pulls. You were lucky.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your great pulls!!!!! Thumb Up

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a great Bond box day. I opened 3 boxes of the new Bond set and the first box I pulled a Judi Dench auto Bouncey , the second Roll Eyes, the third box I pulled a Lana Wood Thumb Up and a Joe Don Baker Dance
So I was happy especially since I wasn't expecting to any extremely limiteds, let alone 2.

Posts: 193 | Location: Ca | Registered: June 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post