Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Newly Discovered Buffy Variant ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Newly Discovered Buffy Variant ?
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Have seen "you know where" what appears to be an in house prototype of the Coffin Card from the very first Buffy set by Inkworks, back in 1998.

Looks similar to the regular chase card, but apparently is a darker color, and has a different thickness, and some variations on the coating

Has anyone seen this one before ?

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Why do you type 'you know where' instead of E-Bay? I never understood why anybody does that.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes saw it the other day but could not understand what it was or were it came from if i can remember it says it is a season one prototype made before the season one set came out was all the cards in the set going to be coffin shaped or what if I can find it again i might ask the seller what it is really about was going to have a go at it but price put me off and is it a one only

Posts: 760 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It is simply a slightly different version of the Coffin chase card that was ultimately released

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have looked at the listing again and you are right but the seller says it is 1of1 i cannot see any numbering on the card so that can not be confirmed i dont think that companys went to the expense of making just one card too expensive it just might of been printed on different card and then another better card used for the actual issue and everything on both cards look exactly the same but the price wow if someone got the card without knowing about it i would say that they would possibly think that they had the season 1 card as issued and would not know the difference

Posts: 760 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
He says in the auction that he will give you both versions so that you can see the difference

Yes, the 1 of 1 seems to be an in-house prototype made by Inkworks, and they later improved on the final product, the card that was actually distributed

Probably something for hardcore Buffy fans only !

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This card brings up another question were and who has had this card and were has it been since Inkworks collapsed as far as i know razor got the signature cards and i remember that a company or seller called hux88 had purchased the rest said to be containers full i purchased a lot of rarer promos and stuff off them but this unheard item has come up years later did the employees help themselves to stuff or was it given to them etc there is at present a godzilla rare one on e bay now said to of come from the collection of Inkworks CEO so the story of this buffy card could be quiet interesting eg is it a one only are there more out there and the seller is testing the demand setting a price and then bringing more out who knows as the seller is a reputable seller i doubt it but someone else could be drip feeding them but we will see as I am a hardcore Inkworks promo fan it goes on my list but at the price I will only be looking at a faxscimily picture

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
Why do you type 'you know where' instead of E-Bay? I never understood why anybody does that.

When I joined back in 2005 there was a rule about no selling via the boards so people didn't mention sites you sold via eg Ebay even when everyone knew where you meant. It's just left over from then even though its 'OK' to mention selling sites by name. But you still can't sell via the boards.

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TC00:
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:

When I joined back in 2005 there was a rule about no selling via the boards so people didn't mention sites you sold via eg Ebay even when everyone knew where you meant. It's just left over from then even though its 'OK' to mention selling sites by name. But you still can't sell via the boards.

Okay, I guess that makes sense. I was probably in a bad mood when I wrote that comment, but I'm much better now, the meds really help!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post