Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Question About Rittenhouse James Bond autos
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question About Rittenhouse James Bond autos
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Did any of these 1970s-80s Bond girls ever sign for a Rittenhouse set ?

Jill St John, Jane Seymour, Britt Ekland, Carole Bouquet, Barbara Bach

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Stargaterules
posted Hide Post
Jane Seymour i believe signed women of Bond style at least . Britt Ekland signed the Women and the 40th style ( Ekland and Seymour also signed for BSG ). Barbara Bach, Carol Bouquet None as of yet Last but not least Jill St John signed all 3 styles i believe At least Full bleed and Women of Bond styles . Hope that helps !
Cheers

Posts: 91 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Women of James Bond in Motion set was one of the few Bond sets I collected,mainly because of the low number of autos meaning a master set was relatively cheap and easy to complete at the time.

Don't keep a track of current prices but I would guess that it is more expensive now with the Seymour and Bach cards the only ones they signed.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Sorry to butt in, I have the same question too.
I have been wondering if Minnie Driver signed for any of the sets, I know it was a pretty short role, but it was memorable Smile

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Minnie Driver hasn't signed for any Bond set. There was a one-off chase card featuring her character in one of the Inkworks sets.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So which of the "main" Bond women from the pre-Craig films has not signed ?

Daniela Bianchi (From Russia With Love), Claudine Auger (Thunderball), Diana Rigg, Halle Berry, and Carole Bouquet ? Anyone else ?

Too bad they haven't gotten Joseph Wiseman (Dr. No) to sign. I believe he's still alive, and in his 90s

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Besides the ones you listed Tommy, Akiko Wakabayashi is only other main Bond girl you missed.

In terms of secondary Bond girls RA only need to get Grace Jones, Talisa Soto, Teri Hatcher.

FYI, Joseph Wiseman passed away nearly two years ago. The only other main villains left to pursue are Michael Lonsdale, Louis Jordan, Christopher Walken and Matthieu Alamric.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I didn't know that Joseph Wiseman died ! I remember about 10-15 years ago seeing him on an episode of "Law and Order", and he looked pretty old. He also played Marlon Brando's brother in the 1952 film, Viva Zapata !

Claudine Auger is still around. Back in the 1990s I saw her on one of those PBS Sherlock Holmes mysteries, starring Jeremy Brett

Teri Hatcher never signed for a Bond set ?

Did Mie Hama from "You Only Live Twice" sign ? She was the main Bond girl of that film, arguably, not Akiko (whose character, Aki, died half way through it)

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Mie Hama signed for the Women of James Bond in Motion set WA13.Its the only vertical autograph I have Big Grin .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Stargaterules
posted Hide Post
Teri Hatcher has not signed . I wish she would Teri and Eva Green are two Bond girls i would love to own . ( on a autographed card that is ) Evil smile .

Posts: 91 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
I didn't know that Joseph Wiseman died ! I remember about 10-15 years ago seeing him on an episode of "Law and Order", and he looked pretty old. He also played Marlon Brando's brother in the 1952 film, Viva Zapata !

Claudine Auger is still around. Back in the 1990s I saw her on one of those PBS Sherlock Holmes mysteries, starring Jeremy Brett

Teri Hatcher never signed for a Bond set ?

Did Mie Hama from "You Only Live Twice" sign ? She was the main Bond girl of that film, arguably, not Akiko (whose character, Aki, died half way through it)

As with all the major players, I think RA had been trying to get Wiseman on board for years what with him being the first and arguably one of the most memorable villains of the series, no to mention the only one alive from the eary years of the series. Unfortunately, it seems he wanted to distance himself from the role and be remembered more for his theatre work - fat chance of that! Also he'd been in declining health for some time so that may also have played its part in his reticence to sign.

Like so many others, Teri Hatcher seems to shy away from her involvement with Bond and doesn't consider herself a 'Bond Girl'. Despite what she says, I thought she was fantastic and easily one of the more interesting female characters in the films. I think a card from her would be VERY popular.

As for Akiko Wakabayashi... she got top billing for YOLT (after Connery of course!) so even with the slightly odd choice to bump her off half way through she's still the main Bond girl. Razz

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
As for Akiko Wakabayashi... she got top billing for YOLT (after Connery of course!) so even with the slightly odd choice to bump her off half way through she's still the main Bond girl. Razz

Interesting! I also assumed that Mie Hama was the main Bond Girl for that film because she was the one who survived to the end of the film, as well as the important character that she played- but mainly because she survived!

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
To update the topic above, as to which Bond women have not signed for Rittenhouse sets, Halle Berry has signed, and it looks like Daniela Bianchi has a card coming in 2016

Did Talisa Soto ever sign ?