Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Suspicious Smallville auto cards - can anyone check theirs?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suspicious Smallville auto cards - can anyone check theirs?
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

I've just received some cards that I bought on Ebay and a few have caught my attention for the wrong reasons.

The cards are:
A16 Gwynyth Walsh
A37 Alan Ritchson
A38 Lee Thompson Young
A53 Amber McDonald

None of the cards have the small Inkworks writing diagonally on the back of the cards.

The "Inkworks Authentic" stamp on the fronts are reflective, but not embossed.

Is there anybody who pack-pulled these cards, or received them from Inkworks via redemption, who could check and see if theirs are the same?

Many thanks,

Simon

Posts: 213 | Location: SY, England | Registered: October 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Although none of my Smallville autos were pack pulled, all of them have the same style of "Inkworks Authentic" stamp. In fact looking at other Inkwork sets, the foil stamp is not really embossed on almost any set.

As for the diagonal Inkwords logo (watermark) on the back on A16 it is visible using a UV light source and by the time the others came out Inkworks appear to have stopped using the watermark on Smallville cards

Posts: 46 | Location: Bristol , UK | Registered: May 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
None of those autograph cards are especially valuable, its not a absolute guarantee, but I would be very surprised if they were not genuine.

Posts: 10411 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I pack pulled all my Smallville 1 to 5(had to piece together season 6) auto cards. So, I will check them out tomorrow and let you know what I find.

Posts: 5777 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post