Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Postage rates
 Login/Join

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Now, just to add to it. On ebay I always just select the global shipping program. In my listing it says I ship via the global shipping programs. Regardless, when an auction is won, the people who win outside of the US complain that I use the global shipping program. Shipping costs are crazy now but gone are the days when you could trust anyone.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
I was hoping to grab some blaster boxes of the new Stranger Things set via EbayUK. The items were a fair price £30 for 2 boxes. But shipping is £20+ not including any added import charges (Especially if via courier!) which doubles the price. Suddenly not such a 'bargain' anymore. Shame for UK collectors as the import rises is why my local comic stores don't stock anything except CCGs like Pokemon and Magic The Gathering.

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It's a shame for sellers too, although there are some that are convinced that sellers are denying them sales just for the sadistic fun of it, a lot of us have lost a ton of business to the U.K. and Canada over the lat 8 years due to insane postage costs and VATs.

Posts: 559 | Location: AZ | Registered: December 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
US postal rates have increased yet again as of today,the first of 2 price increases this year. Domestic rates for parcels have gone up as much as 15% and the new zone and DIM weight systems designed to increase prices regardless of weight. I haven't sent anything to the UK under the new price structure but its gone up past $14 for anything in a 6x9 padded envelope.

But go on and keep thinking it's collusion by U.S. sellers to deny UK collectors of cards.

Posts: 559 | Location: AZ | Registered: December 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
you beat me too it i have put up a post on the News and Rumours page i should think that the new charges will be across the board world wide and as I say how long will it take E bay to capatilise on this with new expensive and complicated shipping systems I now expect other countries postal systems to follow suit New Zealand have recently raised theirs look out UK

Posts: 760 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
I asked a US seller how much postage for a card I was bidding on in December and the answer was $25.00. Same seller, same question today - $33.00.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yet oddly, I can order a full size rolled 40 x 30 poster from the States to the UK. Charge? A straight up $10!

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spencer Quist:
Yet oddly, I can order a full size rolled 40 x 30 poster from the States to the UK. Charge? A straight up $10!

Seller is probably using FedEx International Mail, but that is a contract service only available to sellers who ship 50+ international items a week. Smaller sellers are still stuck using regular mail almost 3x the rates of Fedex Int Mail.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
From today's New York Post:

"The US Postal Service is drowning in red ink. As Eric Boehm notes at Reason, USPS lost more than $2 billion during the second quarter of the fiscal year, putting it on track to finish the current year more than $7 billion in the red - way worse than the nearly $4 billion in losses it posted last year. That landmark deficit prompted Postmaster General Megan Brennan to warn that the agency "cannot generate revenue or cut enough costs to pay our bills". and that losses were bound to accelerate. Brennan's grim predictions have panned out. This, even though the agency has jacked up the price of stamps and other postal services since Jan. 1. Those hikes have generated more cash, but "expenses have been outpacing revenues by a wide margin."

So that's the state of the US Postal Service today, more cost, less service, still going under.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of piperh33
posted Hide Post
I saw on Ebay 1 box of "Sons of Anarchy" Seasons 4 and 5 : shipping = $80,00 !! Red Face

I know that the rates have increased, but at this point I don't believe it. Twak

Posts: 130 | Location: Bordeaux, France | Registered: December 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The post office routinely sends packages to sorting hubs 300+ miles away. I ordered something from the same city, 10 miles north of me. It took 9 days and went to Los Angeles and Portland before returning to the Phoenix area. Just think of the waste in gas to haul that item over 1000 miles. This is the way the post office works. Plus paying the 80% pensions to employees who retire in their 50s and pre-fund health insurance FOR EMPLOYEES THAT ARENT BORN YET. (75 years worth)

Rates will continue to rise 2 times a year until UPS and Fedex are cheaper and faster alternatives in all cases.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I saw on ebay the other day a promo card from a UK seller

$ 15 for the Buy It Now, and another $ 30 to ship to the USA !

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sittin9duck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:

It's only about $15 to post signed and tracked with insurance to £50. Most have to get ten buses to the post office.

Posts: 301 | Location: redcar,UK | Registered: January 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:

It's the same the other way too. Lots of items I want but postage doubling or trebling the price

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have stopped looking at most stuff in the USA,

I just purchased a sketch card from the states they wanted $24 to ship to the Uk, I got it shipped to a friend in the USA for free then shipped to the me for $14 still steep but I wanted the card

Traded with: RupT, Mar53, LUZNDAVE, Cardz_house , INDYPAT75, blwilson, KADRAN00157, Card Reaper, Tangent, Shaunicus, Ifish, wolfie, rwn410, Geoff bovey, WarriorBabe, womble

Posts: 855 | Location: Coventry - England | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Postage has gotten really expensive in the US.

We used to ship a lot of gifts to family, but after the last trip to the post office we are cutting back.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There is no doubt USPS is expensive compared to Royal Mail. I did a single card trade recently where I was able to ship my card tracked, signed for, and insured up to £50 ($65 ) to USA for £8.65 ($10) and the cost to send basic air mail without any tracking, signature, or insurance for my trading partner in USA was $15 Eek Shake Head .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The other day I mailed 1 card from here in NY to a friend in London.

I just stuck it in a toploader in a Birthday Card

Cost for postage ? $ 2.13 !

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:

yep that's how much it costs, that's the way i send mine aswell.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

Nice! If people overseas were willing to assume the risk I'd be willing to ship like that or in a PWE.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post