Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    SKETCH CARD COMMISSIONS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SKETCH CARD COMMISSIONS
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
This year i ve really got into sketch card commission cards,but i m a little frustrated trying to find contacts for more than half i wanted to try,but i notice everyone else as them (J E A L O U S) how do you go about it ? some were easy to find like the brilliant David Desbois,but i haven t had that much luck elsewhere,a.

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:
This year i ve really got into sketch card commission cards,but i m a little frustrated trying to find contacts for more than half i wanted to try,but i notice everyone else as them (J E A L O U S) how do you go about it ? some were easy to find like the brilliant David Desbois,but i haven t had that much luck elsewhere,a.

Try scoundrelarts.com or sketchcollectors.com

Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
quote:
t into sketch card commission cards,but i m a little frustrated trying to find contacts for more than half i wanted to try,but i notice everyone else as them (J E A L O U S) how do you go

Or email me a list of those your looking for and I will see if I can put you in touch. We work with some really talented folks and commission's help the artists a lot more than set work ever could.

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of MvG
posted Hide Post
http://scoundrelpublishing.com/spart/index.php

Scoundrels is your best bet. The artists are easily accesible and generally very nice guys. Most arists also use nicknames but you'll work it out. Just ask!

They're also on DeviantART.

Good luck!

Posts: 792 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: April 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
Yes, I agree, try scoundrel or devianart. Also, many artists have stated that they are using Facebook a lot lately to promote their work.

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Its actually pretty easy to find artists these days because most either have their own websites or are displaying on Facebook, as was mentioned. You just have to get their names from any of the set checklists, and of course you should have an idea of what sketches they have done to be sure you like their style.

What is harder for me to figure out is the cost of commissions. A couple of times I have gone long into the conversations to relay what I was looking for and than the price was out of my desired range. Now I just assume that I can't afford commissions by any of those artists that everyone knows. Big Grin

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of MvG
posted Hide Post
I had commissions done for $10 and for $175 and yes... both prices were for just one card :-)

Posts: 792 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: April 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
if you have trouble finding artists you're looking for, then ask people you see their work displayed with. Scoundrel Art, Facebook are both great options too.

Cost wise, well they vary just like MvG stated. A lot of times it depends on content/detail and sometimes just pure demand of time!

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I being one of those sketch card artists i'd also suggest this site on Facebook. Some of us also do live artcasts of ourselves drawing some of the licensed and Personal Sketch Cards. It's a closed group but you may be able to at least access some info and some of the posted images.
http://www.facebook.com/home.p...119098501486071&ap=1

Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post