Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Gum Inc 1940 Superman set questions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gum Inc 1940 Superman set questions
 Login/Join

posted
Oddball question here, but I was doing some thumbnail sketch research on this set for a project, and I was interested in just whom did the art for the cards (it does seem to be of the same style as the group of artists that were doing the Superman comic books and strips at the time) as well as whom wrote the stories on the back of the cards (I do assume though it was just a copy writer intern at Gum Inc.)

Can anyone provide answers, or somewhere where this sort of into can be researched?

Thanks

Posts: 24 | Location: New York City | Registered: September 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
"Wayne Boring" was an Artist on the Superman Newstrips back in the 1940's

Not sure if he did any work on the Trading Cards??

Posts: 1176 | Location: Rochester , NY , USA | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post