Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    us army reserve cards
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

us army reserve cards
 Login/Join

New Card Talk Member
posted
I stumbled across a box of these cards at a flee market. There are 28 packs of 11 cards in the box..it was released in 2001. Does anyone know anything about them or if they are valuable??

Posts: 2 | Location: nj | Registered: June 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Card Talk shake31.

There is a listing on eBay for a lot of 2001 cards that may be the ones you picked up. It's just one BIN and may not be close, a little less than a dollar a card. I'm sure someone might be interested in these, but I probably wouldn't think valuable.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
Can you be more specific about the cards?
What does it say on the packs and box exactly?

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
They do have some value, they were very hard to find when they came out and were distributed one pack at a time.
Beamer can tell you a lot more about them - there were at least 3 series of these.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beamer:
Can you be more specific about the cards?
What does it say on the packs and box exactly?
the box says..."Guard Cards" Authentic Army National Guard Trading Cards...Featuring Elite Holographic Cards. Its a 28 pack box with each pack containing 11 cards.2001

Posts: 2 | Location: nj | Registered: June 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
I am very familiar with these cards. I wrote the article in NSU in 2002 called "Guard those Cards!" The Army National Guard cards were given out at Boy Scout Jamborees and Balloon festivals as well as at the Guard recruiting offices. Sealed boxes are super rare. There was a 36 count box and a 100 count box that I know of. 3 different series were issued.

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post