Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Star Trek TOS Autographs
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Trek TOS Autographs
 Login/Join

New Card Talk Member
Picture of Ataraxie
posted Hide Post
Hello,

I found note with StarTrek signatures in a book, a german first edition of TOS.

I'm puzzled about one of the signatures. I this the correct place zu ask for help?

The autographs where inside an evelope dated 1973.

It is the topmost autograph I cannot match.
All others have been easy guesses:

Lt. Cmdr. Montgomery Scott (James Doohan) - "Scotty"
Lt. Cmdr. Dr. Leonard McCoy (DeForest Kelley) - "Bones" / "Pille" (in German)
Lt. Hikaru Sulu (George Takei)
Christine Chapel / Lwaxana Troi / Number One (Majel Barrett Roddenberry)

Over here in Germany some people suggested the first autgraph to be from William Shatner / Kirk, but I do have some doubts about that guess.

By now I'm trying to sell the note with the autographs in Germany on eBay, and I would like to anwer the questions regarding this item.

I apologize, if this is the wrong place to ask such an question.
In that case I would appreciate any hint to a better place to search for help, though.

Thanx
A.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 1 | Location: Germany | Registered: March 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
The top one is vintage William Shatner for sure.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
That's a neat find from 1973 and the Shatner autograph does look quite a bit different than his more recent examples. Too bad you can't figure out more about the note. The ink is different, so did they all sign in one place, at one time, or was it signed at different times. The Nimoy and Nichols are missing, so were they not present with the others. Maybe there was a ST event in Germany in 1973 and someone got the signatures there?

Its a lot of fun when you happen to come across some other collector's autographs in old stuff. Its like buried treasure. I'm sure some Star Trek fan will be happy to own that note. Smile

Posts: 10420 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post