Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Card Distributors
 Login/Join

posted
Can anyone suggest any distributors to buy boxes/cases of cards from?

Posts: 15 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure what you mean by buying from a distributor. Typically I would describe the food chain as manufacturer to distributor to dealer to card buyer. If you want to buy as a collector you need to place orders with a dealer. There are several who contribute to Card Talk and can be found in the advertisers section or in the threads.

There are dealers who buy directly from certain manufacturers, but by my understanding of it, I would not call them distributors unless they in turn were feeding inventory to other dealers.

I think you would only need to look for a distributor if your order was too large for a normal dealer to handle and, if that were the case, you could probably contact the manufacturer for info.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Also, in most cases, they will require to have at least a resale liscense. Some would demand that you have an actual storefront.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Topps requires actual storefront(Hometeam Advantage) and massive order minimums.
Others only require resale liscence.
Some simply require you be their Facebook buddy.
Others that you set up at shows with their stuff on your table. These days it seems many act the role of all 3. Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer all in one. There are some that can simply bypass all 3 and simply offer a buyer anything they want at prices they can afford cause they work magic. And you find them on that other site.

Posts: 45 | Location: north carolina | Registered: September 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post