Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Information on Card mule Thread
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Information on Card mule Thread
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
There is a thread that I cannot find on Card Mules can any member direct me too it I have put up a request on the Sci Fi Chicago Show but i think it would be more appropriate on the card mule thread
Thanks

Posts: 759 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I think you might try checking out the Blowout Card forums. They have a couple of threads on convention mules and autograph card mules. Never used them, so can't vouch for anybody. I just see the threads in passing. Really can't recall anything being discussed on Card Talk.

I think I would try to contact a known dealer first before hiring someone I don't know, but as long as it works, some people seem to do it.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
OoooK thanks it probably was on Blowout i have not taken up the sign up offer and just peruse it its style is not for me but never mind thanks for the info I will leave my enquiry on the other thread
Thanks

Posts: 759 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Card mules ?

Traded with: RupT, Mar53, LUZNDAVE, Cardz_house , INDYPAT75, blwilson, KADRAN00157, Card Reaper, Tangent, Shaunicus, Ifish, wolfie, rwn410, Geoff bovey, WarriorBabe, womble

Posts: 855 | Location: Coventry - England | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wuher:
Card mules ?

Big Grin It's based after the term "drug mule", people who transport drugs from place to place for the dealers. Don't ask me who comes up with this stuff, but once it shows up on the internet, everybody starts using the slang like it means something.

Anyway "card mules" go to Cons, shows, signings, whatever, and they take orders to get things, sometimes things exclusive to the event, for people who can't make it. They will advertise on hobby forums or social media or they just talk to people in the card community. Sometimes it's favors between collectors, or it might be a barter/trade thing, or it may just be straight up payment.

Nothing wrong with it, as long as both sides are honest and everybody does what they promise.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, a local dealer, who has since moved away, used to do that at San Diego Comic-Con during the late 90's and 2000's. He shared a booth with another dealer and helped cover his expenses by putting together collections of promos and/or show-exclusive products he picked up each day and offering them to customers when he got home. It was a good deal for a lot of people because the cards averaged maybe $2-3 each (usually cheaper than what they were going for online right after the show).

Posts: 4376 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That is a good explanation of what it is i wanted a set of promo cards from the Chicago show and thought that I had seen about it on this forum but as Raven has informed me it was on the Blowout site I have since got in touch with the producer and now have a way of getting this set to me.
As I live overseas and cannot attend the event and it was not going to cost me a fortune I thought that I would take the risk.
It was the Creatures of legend and lore I have since been in contact with Elaine Perna about these cards and found out that the set will not be out until mid may and has given all info on it. I can now put an order to her for the whole set instead of the one or two that will be at the show for the cost of shipping (thank you Elaine) very good result