Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Looking for Simpsons Downunder / Anniversary Celebration cards
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for Simpsons Downunder / Anniversary Celebration cards
 Login/Join

New Card Talk Member
posted
Hi people, im lookging to finish off my sets of The Simpsons Downunder and the Anniversary Celebration trading cards.

Ebay has helped especially people from the U.K and U.S.A

I am in desperate need of:
Downunder
7 Duffs
Woo Hoo Redemption

Anniversary Celebration
Signature cards

but interested in all others

tjho85@live.com

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 1 | Location: Australia | Registered: April 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I don't think I have many extras anymore, unfortunately, but Simpsons has long been one of my main interests in trading cards. Unfortunately, pretty much all of their sets were issued between 1990 and 2001, a good stretch for most shows but not so much for this one, which has been on the air for 30 years with no end in sight. How there hasn't been a new proper set in over 15 years is hard to figure.

Here's a pretty cool item, an uncut sheet of the Woo Hoo Redemption set and the seldom seen exclusive Binder card (as a single card, it was a bonus in the first 500 padded album binders, the other 500 made didn't have them.)

I also have an uncut sheet of the 7 Duffs polycards and it has something like 4 complete sets of all 7 plus some Rugrats polycards, too.

Good luck on the search for the cut up versions!

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
Man I hadn't thought about that but it is kinda weird. I wonder why that is, do you suppose it just got lost in the cracks, is too expensive a license?

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Well, the show is from Fox, and they haven't been issuing cards for their big super-hero movies (Deadpool, X-Men, Wolverine) either, so maybe that had something to do with it.

Beyond that, I still enjoy the show, but by pretty much any measure, the Simpsons TV show is a little long in the tooth. In "Previews", the monthly comic ordering magazine, there used to be a page or two of Simpsons collectibles back into the 2000's, and at least a few items each month towards the end of that decade. Now, it's pretty rare to see any auxiliary items whatsoever.

Indeed, even the venerable Simpsons comic line, Bongo Comics, might be coming to end after 25 years. The Futurama series ended at #81 last month, Bart Simpson Comics ended at #100 last year, the "one-shot" specials which were quarterly issues featuring supporting characters are now seem to be digital-only (like "Futurama"), and even the regular printed issue of the flagship title "Simpsons Comics" didn't ship last month, the first time that's happened that I can recall. Not a good sign...

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I collect the Simpsons comics, as well. They are up to issue # 238. Seems like Bongo is putting out mostly Spongebob Square Pants comics these days, not Simpsons

It does seem odd that suddenly the comic is not monthly anymore. Not a good sign

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post