Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    jeff allender's house of checklists
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

jeff allender's house of checklists
 Login/Join

posted
does anyone know what happened at jeff allender's house of checklists.no new checklists since feb..i love his site too. Shake Head

Posts: 70 | Location: widnes,cheshire | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kane1
posted Hide Post
I found this site last month when I was searching for a checklist. It is really an excellent site. I had it to my bookmark.

widneswraiths, I have the same question. Why aren't updates since February? I even send him an e-mail about something I found of the DC vs. Marvel, but never received answer.

Posts: 242 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
I know Jeff had some medical problems earlier this year.

That kind of thing sometimes changes one's priorities a bit.

I'm sure he'll be back at it when he's ready, but catching up is going to be a chore unless he's had some good submissions during this lapse.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm sure he'll be back at it when he's ready, but catching up is going to be a chore unless he's had some good submissions during this lapse.

Why don't we run a list here of what's been released and when Jeff gets back on board we can each volunteer to do a (high quality, all common cards fully described, appropriate format) submission for one set to make the update easier.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kane1
posted Hide Post
Scifi Cards lets hope he gets better.

Posts: 242 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gregore
posted Hide Post
Aww.....Medical issues certainly will change things - When my wife ended up in a wheelchair at 32 everything changed so much I was out of the card world for years - Good luck to Jeff - He is a great person and has a fantastic site.

Posts: 89 | Location: Earth - I'm told | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kane1
posted Hide Post
I was visiting the site in these days. It is down. I hope Jeff is okay.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kane1:
I was visiting the site in these days. It is down. I hope Jeff is okay.

I just checked...the site appears to be up.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Tom Wright told me he hadn't been successful either, so maybe there are some problems. It's working for me. ... The web host changed servers a few weeks back, and the IP address changed. That *should* have been resolved by the domain name server, but if it still doesn't work, try a "hard" refresh (ctrl-F5). Maybe a refresh of browser history might be needed -- I don't know, I haven't been able to duplicate the problem, but the weekly traffic specs are down about 20%, so some fraction of people seem to be having continued problems. Let me know if you can't find a way to get it fixed.

Oh, I see that it doesn't go straight to the checklists if you had a link to nslists.com. Try http://nslists.com/jachlist.htm.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I will say the site does not show up in google searches anymore.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Why is Shock Theatre / Shocking Laffs not in the lists. This is a famous set.

or am i just blind. Confused

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Either I have to own the set or somebody has to contribute a list, and it's been out of my price range. But hmmm ... I see somebody has images of the complete set on eBay, so that can be a pretty good baseline!

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
I have the justhost.com site when I try to get to Jeff's site. Shake Head

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by allender:
Either I have to own the set or somebody has to contribute a list, and it's been out of my price range. But hmmm ... I see somebody has images of the complete set on eBay, so that can be a pretty good baseline!

Thanks Jeff, i see that one on ebay and i so want to buy it. I have both versions of the UK set but not that one.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Szym:
I have the justhost.com site when I try to get to Jeff's site. Shake Head

Try http://nslists.com/jachlist.htm

I'll try to check with them to find out why it doesn't resolve when you use just the domain name.

Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
I vote Wolfie makes the checklist for that set Wink

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dough boy
posted Hide Post
Jeff-

There might be some DNS issues.

http://www.whatsmydns.net/#A/nslists.com/ resolves to: 92.242.140.1

If you lose the trailing slash then http://www.whatsmydns.net/#A/nslists.com resolves to: 173.254.28.102

If I just go to nslists.com I get that your domain has been registered by justhost.com. However if I go to http://nslists.com/jachlist.htm it works.

So my guess is you need to create an index.html file and put this at the top:

<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;url=http://nslists.com/jachlist.htm"/>

That will redirect users that don't have the full path. Hope that helps.

Posts: 88 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: August 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by STCardGeek:

I vote Wolfie makes the checklist for that set Wink

I agree, DOH!! Twak

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks, dough boy, I'll try it when I return home. I had an index.htm file but it seems that it might want the .html variety now ...

Picture of cardcollectors uk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dough boy:
That will redirect users that don't have the full path. Hope that helps.

Yay! That works. Dough Boy, you are a hero Smile

Posts: 128 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post