Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Anyone know what going on at Art Box?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone know what going on at Art Box?
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted Hide Post
Bump for this topic, I now have a Deathly Hallows Ginny auto redemption AND a Heroes and Villains Emma Watson redemption card, both pack pulls recently.

It would be a horrific shame not to be able to redeem this, especially the Watson...

Advice please, should I send them off even though they are not communicating? I Would definitely send these registered mail, but I have sent expired redemptions to them in the past and received them.

Posts: 1117 | Location: UK | Registered: December 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Card Dude:
Bump for this topic, I now have a Deathly Hallows Ginny auto redemption AND a Heroes and Villains Emma Watson redemption card, both pack pulls recently.

It would be a horrific shame not to be able to redeem this, especially the Watson...

Advice please, should I send them off even though they are not communicating? I Would definitely send these registered mail, but I have sent expired redemptions to them in the past and received them.

I would definitely send them ASAP.They have never been great at communication but I have not heard of anyone who sent redemptions in failing to get them yet.

For sure the longer you wait the less likely you are to get them as it is looking likely they are out of the non sport buisness and may well sell off remaining stocks to generate money like Inkworks.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted Hide Post
Good news! Artbox responded saying that they would honour the redemption cards Smile

I am very happy! I contacted them about both redemption cards and received a reply within 24 hours. Confused

Posts: 1117 | Location: UK | Registered: December 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gregore
posted Hide Post
just a bump - Has anyone heard anything?

Posts: 89 | Location: Earth - I'm told | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Today I got a letter from them with my Gambon replacement card for the Gleason auto that I sent in 3+ years ago. Someone must be working there because I have moved four times since I sent in the redemption and never notified them of my change of address, yet the card came to my most current address Confused

Still, I hope something else will come from them- I enjoy my potter display and wouldn't mind them working on a new obsession for me!

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted Hide Post
I received my Emma Watson and Bonnie Wright autographs this morning too, very very happy indeed Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I don't know if this is old news but I just went to Artbox's site and on the home page it reads:

"All redemption cards from our entire release including the "Winner Card" from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 has expired.

If you have any redemption cards, please mail it in and we will be happy to honor them until June 31, 2012 while supplies last."

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
They updated the website?

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sounds like their license is about to expire. Hopefully they will be able to sell off their extra stock once the deadline passes, rather than having to destroy it like Inkworks had to do with their expired licenses.

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
If Artbox has a booth at this year's SDCC, it will be interesting to see whether they sell or hold auctions for any HP cards.

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted Hide Post
Dealers should take note of this information... surely box prices will decrease after the date due to the fact the ultra rare cards can no longer be redeemed?

It is near-impossible to find a sealed box in the UK, maybe more will surface now

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kbmum:
If Artbox has a booth at this year's SDCC, it will be interesting to see whether they sell or hold auctions for any HP cards.

It might be a good year for Goodie Bags, if they're not allowed to distribute older material after July.

As for responses, they may be slow but I've always received one eventually. Understand that the only "business" they have for cards these days is redemptions, so the staff is on the road supporting other business ventures a lot of the time.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted Hide Post
I just wondered if anyone outside of the USA had ever sent off a "winner" card from deathly hallows and managed to get it redeemed?

I have one and am going to post it when the silly Post Office opens again! But just curious as what I have is the metal card set which cant be cheap to post...

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
Ridler,
Inkworks NEVER destroyed anything. Not one single card. Even when the license was expired. Once they went out of business, it was a free for all. They kept their extras and sold them off in the Razor deal and to some collectors.

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gregore
posted Hide Post
Well, the time to redeem is up and SDCC is coming up soon. Has anyone seen a floor plan? Is Artbox going to be at SDCC?

Posts: 89 | Location: Earth - I'm told | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Card Dude:
I just wondered if anyone outside of the USA had ever sent off a "winner" card from deathly hallows and managed to get it redeemed?

I have one and am going to post it when the silly Post Office opens again! But just curious as what I have is the metal card set which cant be cheap to post...

I sent off and got back within 21 days (great turn around) the following:

You are a Winner – HP6 UPDATE SET HOBBY BOX
You are a Winner – HP5 PRINTING PLATE SET
David Thewlis as Remus Lupin (Order of the Phoenix Update)
Katie Leung as Cho Chang (Order of the Phoenix)
Jason Piper as Bane (Order of the Phoenix Update)
Daniel Radcliffe as Harry Potter (Order of the Phoenix)
Sian Thomas as Amelia Bones (Order of the Phoenix Update)
Kathryn Hunter as Arabella Figg (Order of the Phoenix Update)
David Bradley as Argus Filch (World of Harry Potter 3D)

Everything was very well packed and there was a congratulations letter for each of the autograph cards. I'm going to miss Artbox Frown

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Anyone else got (or not got) their redeemed goodies? Only 4 days to go Wavey

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Until June 31st? Wink

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
The Exhibitor list and map are up for Comic-Con 2012. Artbox is on the list and will be at Booth #2842. If they aren't allowed to sell Potter anymore, I wonder what's gonna happen when a couple hundred people rush the booth looking for goodie bags haha.

Posts: 209 | Location: El Cajon, California | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beamer:
Ridler,
Inkworks NEVER destroyed anything. Not one single card. Even when the license was expired. Once they went out of business, it was a free for all. They kept their extras and sold them off in the Razor deal and to some collectors.

Not true- your example is from when they went out of business. When they lost a license they are to destroy product, e.g. their World Is Not Enough set- Once they lost the license to Rittenhouse they were to destroy any remaining stock they had of that product.