Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Anyone know what going on at Art Box?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Anyone know what going on at Art Box?
 Login/Join
 
Member
Picture of Gregore
posted
Anyone know what going on at Art Box ?
 
Posts: 89 | Location: Earth - I'm told | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
One Word: No

____________________
www.nonsportcardshows.com Home of the Chicago Non-Sport Card Show

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

 
Posts: 4964 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
Potter was their big thing and they no longer have the license. I did ask them at Comic-Con if they were leaving the trading card game and they said there were 2 or 3 licenses they had their eyes on. But to be honest they didn't seem very enthusiastic about it so they may be done for all we know.
 
Posts: 209 | Location: El Cajon, California | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Not even Artbox know what is going on at Artbox. Big Grin

____________________
Come, it is time for you to keep your appointment with The Wicker Man.
 
Posts: 28825 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Gregore
posted Hide Post
It would be a shame to loose them. Even with the Mad Eye Moody mess, I thought they had some great product.
 
Posts: 89 | Location: Earth - I'm told | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Disappointed that the potter trading card series ended that way. Artbox just seemed to go poof overnight.
 
Posts: 153 | Location: Washington | Registered: September 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Who has the Potter permission now then?? Wink
 
Posts: 182 | Location: runcorn | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markdennett:
Who has the Potter permission now then?? Wink

Who would want it? Artbox done such a bang-up job with it, it's had to think (apart from sketches) what anyone else could bring to the franchise.
 
Posts: 3798 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
quote:
Originally posted by markdennett:
Who has the Potter permission now then?? Wink

Who would want it? Artbox done such a bang-up job with it, it's had to think (apart from sketches) what anyone else could bring to the franchise.


Some company will bleed it dry,you have only got to look at Rittenhouse Archives.they will continue to make countless more Bond and Star trek sets till the day there no actors left to sign cards.
 
Posts: 182 | Location: runcorn | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markdennett:
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
quote:
Originally posted by markdennett:
Who has the Potter permission now then?? Wink

Who would want it? Artbox done such a bang-up job with it, it's had to think (apart from sketches) what anyone else could bring to the franchise.


Some company will bleed it dry,you have only got to look at Rittenhouse Archives.they will continue to make countless more Bond and Star trek sets till the day there no actors left to sign cards.
Then they will suddenly find "cut" signatures from other releases they can make into Bond and Trek.
 
Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I am losing faith in Rittenhouse Archives.they are turning into Inkworks!!!
 
Posts: 182 | Location: runcorn | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post



Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markdennett:
Some company will bleed it dry,you have only got to look at Rittenhouse Archives.they will continue to make countless more Bond and Star trek sets till the day there no actors left to sign cards.


Big Grin As a card collector not defined as a Bond or Star Trek fan I understand your point. Many of the recent autograph additions are actors whose names I have never heard and did little on screen. Wink

However these sets are still eagerly received by those collectors who want all things Bond or ST. So to say that RA is bleeding it dry when there is a market for more of it and it makes money is not correct.

I wish that I would see RA going after more new titles now, all I hear about is Cryptozoic lately. But just because you or I may not care about Bond or ST anymore, its still profitable for RA as long as that fanbase is happy.
 
Posts: 9593 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I'm a big trek fan and I'm bored to death with it all now,some people sign cards and they don't even talk in the show!!its madness.the ones that fans want are short printed and are expensive.I'm trying to get each one of the Shatner autos and its one hell of a task and I just know Rittenhouse are sitting on tons of them!!this shambles with "finding" 200 Doohan cards proves my case.I'm also a fan of T.Z. And its shamefull to do this to a dead actors cards which he signed in good faith for T.Z.I'm getting realled annoyed just thinking about it!!!
 
Posts: 182 | Location: runcorn | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Fizzbin
posted Hide Post
"there are always alternatives" .... hunt,hunt,hunt them down
 
Posts: 35 | Location: Rotterdam,The Netherlands | Registered: June 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markdennett:
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
quote:
Originally posted by markdennett:
Who has the Potter permission now then?? Wink

Who would want it? Artbox done such a bang-up job with it, it's had to think (apart from sketches) what anyone else could bring to the franchise.


Some company will bleed it dry,you have only got to look at Rittenhouse Archives.they will continue to make countless more Bond and Star trek sets till the day there no actors left to sign cards.



God I hope Rittenhouse continues to make bond sets for along time because not to have that would kill my interest in nonsports cards

____________________
"Excuse Me While I Whip This Out" Cleavon Little
 
Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markdennett:
I'm a big trek fan and I'm bored to death with it all now,some people sign cards and they don't even talk in the show!!its madness.the ones that fans want are short printed and are expensive.I'm trying to get each one of the Shatner autos and its one hell of a task and I just know Rittenhouse are sitting on tons of them!!this shambles with "finding" 200 Doohan cards proves my case.I'm also a fan of T.Z. And its shamefull to do this to a dead actors cards which he signed in good faith for T.Z.I'm getting realled annoyed just thinking about it!!!


What 200 Doohan cards are we talking about?

There were 50 cut for the current product. I didn't think there were 150 of the previous one.

And, I think it's the unfortunate truth that there will always be a stash of additional autographs.

Rittenhouse will continue to make Trek and Bond as long as they continue to sell out. Someone's buying these cards.

Ed

____________________
www.nonsportcardshows.com Home of the Chicago Non-Sport Card Show

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

 
Posts: 4964 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of kane1
posted Hide Post
Do you mean this Art Box?

http://www.artboxent.com/index.php
 
Posts: 242 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kane1:
Do you mean this Art Box?

http://www.artboxent.com/index.php

That's the one - not updated since 2006 Eek
 
Posts: 3798 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted Hide Post
I have a deathly hallows part 1 redemption card for Ginny Weasley's autograph...

Do you think I should send it off to them despite the no-communication thing?

____________________
LOTR/Harry Potter/The Prisoner/Thunderbirds & Captain Scarlet collector
 
Posts: 1117 | Location: UK | Registered: December 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
quote:
Originally posted by markdennett:
I'm a big trek fan and I'm bored to death with it all now,some people sign cards and they don't even talk in the show!!its madness.the ones that fans want are short printed and are expensive.I'm trying to get each one of the Shatner autos and its one hell of a task and I just know Rittenhouse are sitting on tons of them!!this shambles with "finding" 200 Doohan cards proves my case.I'm also a fan of T.Z. And its shamefull to do this to a dead actors cards which he signed in good faith for T.Z.I'm getting realled annoyed just thinking about it!!!


What 200 Doohan cards are we talking about?

There were 50 cut for the current product. I didn't think there were 150 of the previous one.



There were 150 additional Doohan cuts included in Star Trek TOS 40th series 2.

Here's the thing that bothers me about this. I can see RA holding some of these back for replacements but it appears what they did with his Twilight Zone card was "artificially" make it Very Limited or maybe even Extremely Limited when there was no need. Maybe this practice is more common then we know. If a person signs say 700 cards, to only insert maybe 200 or 300 in the packs because it's a bigger name or they need to add a "Very Limited" to fill out the set. It just doesn't seem right though.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Logan,
 
Posts: 2136 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3  
 

Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Anyone know what going on at Art Box?

© Non-Sport Update 2013