Anyone know what going on at Art Box ?
February 25, 2012, 12:50 AM
Scifi Cards
One Word: No

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

February 25, 2012, 01:21 AM
robomole
Potter was their big thing and they no longer have the license. I did ask them at Comic-Con if they were leaving the trading card game and they said there were 2 or 3 licenses they had their eyes on. But to be honest they didn't seem very enthusiastic about it so they may be done for all we know.
February 25, 2012, 10:18 AM
wolfie
Not even Artbox know what is going on at Artbox. Big Grin

February 25, 2012, 07:42 PM
Gregore
It would be a shame to loose them. Even with the Mad Eye Moody mess, I thought they had some great product.
February 25, 2012, 10:19 PM
ecl
Disappointed that the potter trading card series ended that way. Artbox just seemed to go poof overnight.
February 26, 2012, 04:25 AM
markdennett
Who has the Potter permission now then?? Wink
February 26, 2012, 04:32 AM
Graham
quote:
Originally posted by markdennett:

Who would want it? Artbox done such a bang-up job with it, it's had to think (apart from sketches) what anyone else could bring to the franchise.
February 26, 2012, 07:30 AM
markdennett
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
quote:

Who would want it? Artbox done such a bang-up job with it, it's had to think (apart from sketches) what anyone else could bring to the franchise.

Some company will bleed it dry,you have only got to look at Rittenhouse Archives.they will continue to make countless more Bond and Star trek sets till the day there no actors left to sign cards.
February 26, 2012, 08:43 AM
treksearcher
quote:
quote:
quote:

Some company will bleed it dry,you have only got to look at Rittenhouse Archives.they will continue to make countless more Bond and Star trek sets till the day there no actors left to sign cards.
Then they will suddenly find "cut" signatures from other releases they can make into Bond and Trek.
February 26, 2012, 09:06 AM
markdennett
I am losing faith in Rittenhouse Archives.they are turning into Inkworks!!!
February 26, 2012, 01:25 PM
Raven
quote:

Big Grin As a card collector not defined as a Bond or Star Trek fan I understand your point. Many of the recent autograph additions are actors whose names I have never heard and did little on screen. Wink

However these sets are still eagerly received by those collectors who want all things Bond or ST. So to say that RA is bleeding it dry when there is a market for more of it and it makes money is not correct.

I wish that I would see RA going after more new titles now, all I hear about is Cryptozoic lately. But just because you or I may not care about Bond or ST anymore, its still profitable for RA as long as that fanbase is happy.
February 26, 2012, 03:15 PM
markdennett
I'm a big trek fan and I'm bored to death with it all now,some people sign cards and they don't even talk in the show!!its madness.the ones that fans want are short printed and are expensive.I'm trying to get each one of the Shatner autos and its one hell of a task and I just know Rittenhouse are sitting on tons of them!!this shambles with "finding" 200 Doohan cards proves my case.I'm also a fan of T.Z. And its shamefull to do this to a dead actors cards which he signed in good faith for T.Z.I'm getting realled annoyed just thinking about it!!!
February 26, 2012, 04:11 PM
Fizzbin
"there are always alternatives" .... hunt,hunt,hunt them down
February 26, 2012, 06:44 PM
cardinalfan13
quote:
quote:
quote:

God I hope Rittenhouse continues to make bond sets for along time because not to have that would kill my interest in nonsports cards

February 27, 2012, 12:19 AM
Scifi Cards
quote:
I'm a big trek fan and I'm bored to death with it all now,some people sign cards and they don't even talk in the show!!its madness.the ones that fans want are short printed and are expensive.I'm trying to get each one of the Shatner autos and its one hell of a task and I just know Rittenhouse are sitting on tons of them!!this shambles with "finding" 200 Doohan cards proves my case.I'm also a fan of T.Z. And its shamefull to do this to a dead actors cards which he signed in good faith for T.Z.I'm getting realled annoyed just thinking about it!!!

What 200 Doohan cards are we talking about?

There were 50 cut for the current product. I didn't think there were 150 of the previous one.

And, I think it's the unfortunate truth that there will always be a stash of additional autographs.

Rittenhouse will continue to make Trek and Bond as long as they continue to sell out. Someone's buying these cards.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

February 27, 2012, 12:44 AM
kane1
Do you mean this Art Box?

http://www.artboxent.com/index.php
February 27, 2012, 03:59 AM
Graham
quote:
Originally posted by kane1:
Do you mean this Art Box?

http://www.artboxent.com/index.php

That's the one - not updated since 2006 Eek
February 27, 2012, 07:59 AM
Card Dude
I have a deathly hallows part 1 redemption card for Ginny Weasley's autograph...

Do you think I should send it off to them despite the no-communication thing?

February 27, 2012, 11:06 AM
Logan
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
quote:

What 200 Doohan cards are we talking about?

There were 50 cut for the current product. I didn't think there were 150 of the previous one.

There were 150 additional Doohan cuts included in Star Trek TOS 40th series 2.

Here's the thing that bothers me about this. I can see RA holding some of these back for replacements but it appears what they did with his Twilight Zone card was "artificially" make it Very Limited or maybe even Extremely Limited when there was no need. Maybe this practice is more common then we know. If a person signs say 700 cards, to only insert maybe 200 or 300 in the packs because it's a bigger name or they need to add a "Very Limited" to fill out the set. It just doesn't seem right though.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Logan,