Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    1977 Star Wars specific question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1977 Star Wars specific question
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted
I've noticed 1 and 2 asterisks on the copyright line on Series 1 cards as well as stickers. Does anyone know the distinction between the two?

Posts: 736 | Location: Carmel, IN. | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Cecil,

I remember an article in "The Wrapper" regarding this topic but couldn't find it when I went through my box of back issues. I did find a mention elsewhere on this forum:

http://nonsportupdate.infopop....4605353/m/3287008876

Jess

Posts: 4382 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Way back in 1992 I put a similar question to the Topps (Ireland) representatives at the very first Trading Card fair that was held in London (card fairs at that time were usually referred to a cigarette card fairs) as I have Kung Fu set with a mixture of 1 or 2 stars and the answer they gave was that it indicated where they were printed i.e. the US or Ireland. I have never given much thought since however I think now that I was given duff information as what is mentioned by Batman & Brimaster in 2015 makes more sense.

This card fair was held also held in two other place in the UK but I cannot remember where. As set of cards was produced to mark the event and they depicted British Sports stats of the day. These sports people were being used to attract visitors as the idea was for them to give out autographs. I only remember seeing them standing around as most visitors were more interested in the cards that were available. I have enclosed the back of the header card just for information.

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

In my back issues of Card Collector News and Card Times I am sure that images from these events were published.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys for all your input!!

Posts: 736 | Location: Carmel, IN. | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
Sorry, but one more question. Did the error take place in the O PEE CHEE run of Series one as well?