Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Rack Pack Header Cards
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rack Pack Header Cards
 Login/Join

Picture of dstrohmeng
posted
I picked up an unopened E.T. rack pack at a show this past weekend. It still has the card-sized header describing the contents, with the hanger hole unpunched. Since it's the same size and card stock as the cards, it's a nice addition to the set. Are there more of these out there for other sets? I've never come across one before.

Posts: 380 | Location: Buffalo | Registered: February 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DewMan
posted Hide Post
I have one for Topps Empire Strikes Back Series 1. It's mostly red with the picture of Vader from the wax wrapper. It's pretty beat up because I got it in 1980 when I was 10.

Posts: 712 | Location: Western US | Registered: August 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
They have been around for a while, here's a 1966 Batman rack header from my collection:

I also have a complete Riddler rack pack, and they did these for the Beatles around the same time period (Roxanne just had one in her auction). Topps also used a generic header for some issues like Civil War News. They are cool items to add to any collection, just like having a wrapper with your collection.

Posts: 5790 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post