Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    KATIE COOK SKETCH CARDS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

KATIE COOK SKETCH CARDS
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
I love the work of Katie Cook, i m an obsessed collector,was wondering does anyone out there have one and was it pulled from pack or bought on ebay.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cheifbrody,

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I got one about 2 months ago in a Indiana Jones KOTCS box and sold it on ebay...

Posts: 9 | Location: mtl,canada | Registered: November 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The only one I have ever pack pulled was a Hiro from Heroes season 2.I have bought several over the years from various sets but none in the last couple of years as she has gotten really popular and prices have shot up.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
I just checked out some of her sketches....not my forte but they are cute & nicely done.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Katie Cook is extremely popular and has a very distinctive style, so much so that you can recognize most of her sketch cards without even seeing the name. Its a matter of taste, people either seem to love the style or they don't like it at all. Judging by the prices, there are plenty of people who love it. Big Grin

Posts: 10402 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
not sure where I got this, but was NOT pack pulled

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post

got this personally at last years Motor City Con

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Thush
posted Hide Post
Katie did this Watchmen set for me as a commission at Comic Con a few years ago.

Posts: 385 | Location: London, UK | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a huge fan and I've yet to pull one of her cards from packs...but I've bought a few...

Posts: 30 | Location: Washington State | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
forget the cook sketches
- Nice Jessica Dark Angel !!!
--> was that a pack pull Smile

Picture of eng621
posted Hide Post
I have 2 Sketch cards, 6 mini's sketch, 1 8x10 sketch. Plus 4 books, 5 trading cards & 3 prints signed. I'm a fan too!

Posts: 113 | Location: Yorkville,IL., USA | Registered: April 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
thanks for replys Thumb Up

if anyone out there was willing to part with any katie cooks for whatever reason,i can offer fab trades
brody.real@ntlworld.com

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
heres another shameless plug that i m looking for katie cook sketch cards Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
I know a collector who has over 250 official Katie Cook cards. Smile

Here's a link http://scoundrelpublishing.com...iewtopic.php?t=18634

Posts: 2282 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
thanks elaine,thats thuy,i know him well
we are the professor x and magneto of katie cook collectors, Big Grin
just kidding

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cheifbrody,

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:
thaks elaine,thats thuy,i know him well
we are the professor x and magneto of katie cook collectors, Big Grin
just kidding

Thuy is a cool guy with an awesome collection. Smile

Posts: 2282 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
yes he is,just been chatting with him now,we have a friendly rivalry,hes actually helped me with a swap i wanted and held back on bidding,as for professor x and magneto,i won t say whos who but,hes in a wheelchair and i wear a silly helmut. Wink