Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help
 Login/Join

Picture of Gregore
posted
I was given a big box of 60's/70's hot rod related cards - Spec Sheets - Hot Rod Stickers - Drag USA -and others - all in great condition. They were forgotten about in a hot rodding garage till the owner passed and it got cleaned out. Up on a shelf were these next to cans of various liquids. One of them being turpentine - which ate thru the can and slowly seeped under everything on the shelf. The cards are untouched but reek of turpintine. I was told cat litter would suck the smell out - any suggestions from the vast league of collectors ? Thank you in advance....

Posts: 89 | Location: Earth - I'm told | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sandwich them between 2 high thread-count pillowcases filled with baking soda. Cat litter is great for all kinds of spills but leaves stuff smelling like... well.... cat litter...
especially the minty stuff like Freah Step.

Evan

Posts: 559 | Location: AZ | Registered: December 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post