Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    LOOKING ON GRAIGSLIST FOR CARDS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LOOKING ON GRAIGSLIST FOR CARDS
 Login/Join

posted
I'm new to the forum. I don't know if this subject as ever been talked about. But out of curiosity I check out CRAIGSLIST to see if anyone in my area had non-sport cards for sale and they did. Has anyone ever bought cards off graigslist. To find them I just typed in cards. A lot of other stuff comes up but if you take the time to look you'll find them.

Posts: 58 | Location: Roseville, Michigan | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
I haven't looked for cards on Craigslist... I have tried and still try to sell a bunch of Baseball cards I have. No Luck... I get offers and then when I contact back they do not answer or change their mind.

I guess you could find cards if you did look hard...

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've bought baseball cards from Craigslist once, at least. I'm always on the lookout for those, but searching through 100s of simply "cards" listings might be a bit much for me. I've bought other things, as well. Just make sure the price is right and if you're unsure about it being safe you could always ask to meet at Starbucks or some other store. Have your cash ready away from your wallet for safety too (in another pocket?). Inspect the merchandise fairly well before paying, too. Never had a real problem but that's because I am cautious. And one thing I've learned, is if it's a pretty good deal, be extra cautious and diligent in your inspection, but also jump on it fairly quickly because things can go pretty quick.

Enjoy and happy hunting!

Posts: 11 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: January 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
There are so many other less risky options that I would never consider Craigslist for card buying, but like everything else I'm sure someone has used it.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The collection I'm going through right now came from Craigslist. . . that said I rarely search for cards on there as there are almost never any cards, but I've picked up several items on CL (mostly non-card related) and have never had a problem.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your input. The reason i put this post up is that theres so many opions out there. I just reasently got back into collecting again. When I really collected cards it were from 1990-1994. Now that i'm back in to collecting, there so many new cards. sketches, autograghs. They didn't have this when i collected. but now that I started collecting again is awesome. This is the only forum i have ever been on. It's good to know that there others that are still collecting.

Posts: 58 | Location: Roseville, Michigan | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kane1
posted Hide Post
I tried to sell some cards in Craiglist, but not luck.

Posts: 242 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I love Craigslist ,

I went to go check out a Life-Size Spiderman Figure from a seller on craigslist , the guy had it listed for $75.oo or b/o...

When i read the ad i thought it was most likely 1 of the Blockbuster Video store give-aways from a few years ago , When i got there i discovered it was a Original Movie Prop , with Original Cloth Costume....

I asked if he had other comic or super hero stuff for sale , he pulled out a box of non sports cards he had for sale for $50.oo
I found the "Ben Affleck" Daredevil Autograph in the batch of cards...

theres alotta people selling junk on there , but theres alotta treasures too , just gotta keep checking and gotta do the leg-work to go check 'em out , sometimes you can get a real sweet deal

Posts: 1176 | Location: Rochester , NY , USA | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
quote:
When i read the ad i thought it was most likely 1 of the Blockbuster Video store give-aways from a few years ago , When i got there i discovered it was a Original Movie Prop , with Original Cloth Costume....

I asked if he had other comic or super hero stuff for sale , he pulled out a box of non sports cards he had for sale for $50.oo
I found the "Ben Affleck" Daredevil Autograph in the batch of cards...

theres alotta people selling junk on there , but theres alotta treasures too , just gotta keep checking and gotta do the leg-work to go check 'em out , sometimes you can get a real sweet deal

GREAT STORY!! Gotta luv it Wink

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
About a month ago a woman inherited a box of sealed 1991 Star Trek 25th Ann.Ed., series 2,by Impel, and put them up for "best offer". I said "$3" and she said, "Okay." I met her at the commuter parking lot that afternoon and they were mine. I went home and my son & I spent the next two hours opening them up. Best $3 I ever spent.
But you have to be on your guard.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kevin LePore:
I love Craigslist ,

I went to go check out a Life-Size Spiderman Figure from a seller on craigslist , the guy had it listed for $75.oo or b/o...

Wow, I'd love to see a pic!

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Deal Or No Deal
On Graigslist I found a set of Marilyn Monroe (Sports Time Card Co./1993) 10 card chromium set for $30.00. Is this a good deal or bad deal.

posted Hide Post
The set "books" in NSU for $90, but there is one on eBay right now that would be just under $30 with shipping, which looking at completed listings is about the going rate. It's kind of up to you to determine if it's worth that price to you, but it is priced at fair market value.

Posts: 11 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: January 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ryan G