Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Google PhotoScan
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
Google has released a new app for Android and iOS today called PhotoScan. It's main intent is a quick and easy way to scan and digitize old photographs. Course I got to thinking and wondering if it could be used for trading cards. It works just fine in my very quick test. It's also pretty fast so if you had a number of cards to "scan", you could make quick work of it. And it trims your image right to the card's edge.

This would be nice for those who do not have a scanner but want to get a photo of a card online for eBay, Facebook, etc. In my quick test (I only got a chance to try and card front and back), the "scan" was better then what you would get via just using your phone's camera but not as good as a dedicated scanner.

Anyway, thought I would put it out there for those who might be interested....

Google PhotoScan

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just downloaded it and gave it a try. It actually works really well. Thanks for the heads-up, Harris!

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tip -- the results are impressive.

Posts: 5413 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post