Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Who here owns the 1962 mars Attack set?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who here owns the 1962 mars Attack set?
 Login/Join

NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
It's funny you posted this because I just started tracking the 62 MA cards because I want to try and put the set together someday. Most of the cards are graded and PSA7 commons were ending at $75-$80 average and there was one or two PSA8 that were like $200-$300. There was also a few ungraded that looked around PSA5-6 grade that went for $10-$25. Just like mentioned above with vintage baseball cards I think these are going to hold their current selling value. My only concern is if these were ever counterfeited. That is what kept me from going after the two ungraded ones that just ended.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
These cards came from the original owner who put the set together in 1962 when the cards were released, I have scans of each card, they are authentic.

Posts: 3 | Location: Thousands | Registered: September 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ceas:
These cards came from the original owner who put the set together in 1962 when the cards were released, I have scans of each card, they are authentic.

I wasn't questioning if your cards were genuine, only if there were counterfeit cards out there of this set. That is why I would not purchase a vintage sports card not graded. Way too many fakes out there to take the chance.

And I am very jealous of you for having a complete set of this!

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I will be happy to send you scan of the cards if you like, just provide me with an email addy and I will get them to you, there are seven nine pocket pages they are kept in and I just scanned the pages.

Posts: 3 | Location: Thousands | Registered: September 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
It's on my "to do" list when I am truly rich. The issue is some of those cards in decent grade command thousands of dollars each like #1 and #18. Others can be had for only 100 or less each depending. Id love to have a nice graded 7+ set.

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of monsterwax
posted Hide Post
I have the sets, but I don't keep them at home out of fear of theft. I only keep the Topps reprint where scum bags can steal it. Oddly enough, I rarely look at the reprint. I prefer the original series, despite it being so inconvenient to access!

I don't personally think this series was near as scarce as people say it is. A lot of people have it, even folks who don't usually collect cards have it. But it's a little like the 1939 "War of the Worlds" broadcast that people keep saying everyone believed was real, when in fact, only about 1.3 million fell for it. But it makes such a good tale, the myth persists!

Ironically, both the radio broadcast and the card set were spin offs of the same story by H.G. Wells, a tale that truly was out of this world!

Posts: 404 | Location: Tallahassee, FL | Registered: April 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post