Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cult Stuff ?
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That is weird. They left the site up after the company went out of business and then they updated it a few years later? It appears they intended to restart but continue to have problems. I hope they end up doing something for you and the others who pre-ordered a few years ago.

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Did anyone else notice that Cult Stuff updated their website in December 2020 ?

This was after they suddenly disappeared in very early 2017, after people placed orders through their website for Sherlock Holmes: The Hound of the Baskervilles, a card set which was never released, to my knowledge...

Posts: 4376 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Did anyone else notice that Cult Stuff updated their website in December 2020 ?

This was after they suddenly disappeared in very early 2017, after people placed orders through their website for Sherlock Holmes: The Hound of the Baskervilles, a card set which was never released, to my knowledge...

Taking a look around, you can STILL place an order for Hound of the Baskervilles, or at least it still pulls up a PayPal payment page (I didn't try any further).

Very odd to say the least. I hope they make a comeback, and make the Hound customers whole first and foremost.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I gather their main place of business was the UK, but Cult Stuff mentions offices in the US. Isn't there something like the Better Business Bureau (BBB) in the UK were you can file claims against a company? Even if they filed for bankruptcy, people who paid for orders not received get on the creditor's list. You may see nothing back, but you are still there in case there is assets to liquidate some time later.

If they just closed up shop and ran away, they can't just open again a couple of years later and pretend its a clean slate either. There must be a regulatory agency somewhere that knows the status of this business and can record unresolved consumer complaints, if only as a warning.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I met Jason & Liza on many occasions and a nicer couple of people would be tough to find. I have never been able to accept that they just walked away with everybody's money, there must be more to it than that.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think someone mentioned on Card Talk that the company was legally dissolved in 2018.

Posts: 3996 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I looked at their Facebook page and in September 2021, a little over a year ago, they posted pics of some Insects Attack cards

But no posts since September 2021

I think the last product they released was in January 2017. The Sherlock Holmes: Hound of the Baskervilles set was never released, although CS took pre-orders thru their website in early 2017.

I lost my $ 75.00.

Posts: 3996 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The company is gone but someone is still posting occasionally on the website? That's weird especially with the pics of new cards. Maybe someone else has taken over the site. You'd think if anyone from the old company was still involved, they would've tried to pay back (or at least offer an explanation to) at least some of the people like you who paid up front for the last set before developing another product. Who's going to pre-pay now?

I didn't buy any of their cards but it was an interesting card company that tried to be creative with its subjects. They seem to have given out a lot of oddball promos as well.

quote:
I looked at their Facebook page and in September 2021, a little over a year ago, they posted pics of some Insects Attack cards

But no posts since September 2021

I think the last product they released was in January 2017. The Sherlock Holmes: Hound of the Baskervilles set was never released, although CS took pre-orders thru their website in early 2017.

I lost my $ 75.00.

Posts: 4376 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post