Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cult Stuff ?
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Cult Stuff website says that the War pack limited to 35 has an exclusive promo in it

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The War packs are out. Mine came the other day

Now they're advertising Sherlock and the Victorian Martians and Illustrated War of the Worlds packs.

Does anyone know when these 2 sets will be released ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Packs of the 2 new sets, Sherlock Holmes and the Victorian Martians, and Illustrated War of the Worlds, are supposedly shipping now

If I am reading the website correctly, it appears that 225 packs of each set were made

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Did anyone get their Sherlock / War of the Worlds packs from Cult Stuff yet ?

Supposedly shipped in the latter half of Oct

Some dealers have them

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like 400 packs of each set were made, not 225

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was told that the new Sherlock set does NOT have a base set of a standard chase set, unlike the prior Cult Suff offerings. Is this true ?

Looking at the auctions, it seems as if the packs consist of just sketches, autos, new variants/prototypes on older and some yet to be released promos, and other "hits", but no base cards or puzzle chase cards, like in the past

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
They are about to release Matt Dixon master sets with foil cards--only 30 sets made, according to Facebook

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The annual Christmas Mystery Pack will be available for purchase in a few days. 40 made, and not as pricey as prior years

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
I was told that the new Sherlock set does NOT have a base set of a standard chase set, unlike the prior Cult Suff offerings. Is this true ?

Looking at the auctions, it seems as if the packs consist of just sketches, autos, new variants/prototypes on older and some yet to be released promos, and other "hits", but no base cards or puzzle chase cards, like in the past

Tommy, to answer your question on this, the War of the Worlds pack contains a complete set of the base, 01 to 09, plus glossy variants of 2 of the nine cards

The Sherlock pack's "base" consists of the expansion cards, # 20 to 27, I believe, which were previously issued in older Cult Stuff sets, but these cards are variants of the prior 20-27. The new ones are glossy, sparkly, or have other variations to them

I have also seen (only 1) a canvas card # 28 which I was told is very rare--says on it 9 made

The packs also contain relics, foils, prototypes, and an exclusive MC5 War of the Worlds foil card

This message has been edited. Last edited by: David R,

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Christmas packs are now available for purchase, contain Alice in Wonderland foil cards, etc.

Also, a NEW Hound of the Baskervilles foil promo card !

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hound of the Baskervilles is now available for pre-order. 70 cases made. Coming in Feb

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Cult Adult, their sister company focusing on more adult subjects, has just released a preview pack subtitled " Happy Nude Year " .

Each pack has a nine card preview set, a sketch, and some extras including foils, photo gloss black and whites, and holophoto cards.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Did that Adult preview pack ever come out ? I have not seen it

Hound of the Baskervilles was supposed to be out in early February-- I don't think it has been released yet

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm answering my own question. Yes, looks like the Adult preview set came out in January. 9 card set with auto, less than 50 made

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Has anyone heard anything on when Hound of the Baskervilles will ship ?

It was supposed to be early February

Haven't heard a thing, and no updates from what I can see

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Dave, have you or anyone else heard anything on Hound of the Baskervilles ?

Was supposed to be out in February

No update at all on Cult Stuff's website, or its Facebook page

Anyone know ?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
What happened to Cult Stuff ?

They were supposed to release Sherlock Holmes: Hound of the Baskervilles, in Feb 2017.

They took orders (and money) and no one has heard anything since.

No updates on their website or Facebook page for over a year.

Anyone know ?

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
According to Companies House they were compulsory dissolved as a Company on 20th March 2018.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There goes the $ 75 that I paid them for Hound of the Baskervilles last Jan, 2017...

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Did anyone else notice that Cult Stuff updated their website in December 2020 ?

This was after they suddenly disappeared in very early 2017, after people placed orders through their website for Sherlock Holmes: The Hound of the Baskervilles, a card set which was never released, to my knowledge...