Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    (Your) Trading Card Time.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

(Your) Trading Card Time.
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
Oh Wow Cardaddict! Want! want! want! want!. What you've got there my friend is a mirror image of what my collection will look like just as soon as I win Lotto. Last week it had jackpotted to $34million and I'd already spent at least one million of it (in my mind) sadly something went wrong with my numbers (they weren't the right ones or something fairly picky or other)Hey, really greatr collection - congrats!

Posts: 509 | Location: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Wow, that is a lot of binders there Smile Great collection.

I started collecting again nearly 4 years ago and I was buying up everything I could left right and centre back then. These days I haven't been involved in it too much. I acutally just started scanning a bunch of autos and costumes that I'd neglected to do for months earlier on today.

I'd say I'd probably only spend an hour or so a week on looking on Ebay and posting on a few trading card sites. I still have a bunch of cards to get for several sets, but I just haven't got around to buying anything yet. And as I'm now looking to buy a car, I kinda have to hold back on the spending.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was just looking at those collection photos again and wow, they are impressive, I imagine they are some of the most comprehensive sets in the entire world, they must be up there. congrats for being so obsessed.

I never thought about getting the binders before, but after seeing CardAddicts photos I am inclined to start down that path as well.

Posts: 162 | Location: UK | Registered: December 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Id have to say the same thing, Drofdarb! WOW cardaddict! I had to sit there and drool at your stuff for a few min Drool (and i think when im done typing here ill go back again and drool alittle more over em LOL). LOVE your ST stuff! I never used to think of getting binders too till you showed how pretty they are together like that. Man i gotta get me some of those now. LOL Bouncey

Oh as for the question of the day…
Me, i spend WAY too much time on cards these days. When i was in highschool i collected them and then there came a time i thought i "grew up" and "grew out" of them. Its been about 10 or so years since then and i totally thought that card collecting had died out. Then i was on ebay one day and saw they had COSTUME cards Eek for real cheap (back then the biggest thing you had was 1 auto per box… now its 3 autos a box with costume cards, sketches, etc). And im hooked. I spend some time every day just looking over ebay or going to card sites (like here) and talking to people about the hobby. its alot of fun. Big Grin thanks for starting this thread!

Posts: 116 | Location: USA | Registered: January 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been looking at the option of investing in dedicated binders, currently, the only master sets I am aiming for at the moment is for babylon 5.

I have all the sets, chase cards, autographs etc (without the few I am missing) in one ultra-pro binder. Now, to get the seperate binders means I will have to fork out for 7 of them, thats a lot of real estate. Living in the UK means shelf space is a premium, this may just be another fantasy for me.

Makes me realise looking at btlfannz photos, the extent of his collection, those binders can take an awful lot of sets. One awesome collection. Respect.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: drofdarb,

Posts: 162 | Location: UK | Registered: December 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was noticing all the great pictures and I just had to ask. You can stand the binders and it doesn't hurt the cards or warp the pages? I ask because I've always laid mine down.

Posts: 6 | Location: NC | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
I find that if you stand a binder the traditional way, dust will get into the open pockets of the pages and the card tops get dirty or dusty. So I keep all of my binders with a piece of white paper over each one of them to keep the cards clean. Also, you have to be careful. If you store your cards in the binder pages in a hot or very bright area, the tops of the cards that stick out slightly from the pocket of the page will turn yellow. I also read years ago somewhere you should change the pages out every 10 years, just like changing the bag & board on a comic.

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
sometimes the pages get messed up when you stand up the binders
just need to be careful
now-a-days with the new sheets, I don't believe you need to change them out any more

I have seen issues with the top cards in sheets
again just need to be careful where and how you store them Smile

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
And there's me thinking I had a collection.....
You guys with your collection puts mine to SHAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I AM IMPRESSED Smile Smile Smile
Congrats Smile Smile Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post