Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    What Are the Top 5 Most Valuable / Hard to Find Inkworks Buffy cards ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Are the Top 5 Most Valuable / Hard to Find Inkworks Buffy cards ?
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
I am just curious. What Buffy cards by Inkworks go for the most amount of money ?

and which 5 are the hardest to find ?

Anyone know ?

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Keep in mind that the value of anything with Inkworks on it has gone through the floor since the warehouse was dumped on the market and nobody can be sure how many of anything actually exist.

I would have thought the top 5 would be autographs.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Top three without question are season one autos Boreanaz and Hannigan and season two auto Carpenter.

After that it's more down to personal preference, my vote would be season three auto Dushku and season five auto Trachtenberg.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
As far as autographs are concerned to me there are only 3 that are hard to find:

#1 Season 1 - #A3 Alyson Hannigan as Willow (usually sells for $300-$400)

#2 Season 2 - #A5 Charisma Carpenter as Cordelia (full signature is extremely rare and can sell for $500-$800, first name only is still rare and sells for around $200-$250)

#3 Season 1 - #A2 David Boreanaz as Angel (usually sells for around $200)

All the other autographs are on eBay pretty regularly.

And for the prop/pieceworks cards I would also say 3 stand out:

#1 10th Anniversary - #SE-1 Stake card (#'d to 107) (I've seen it sell anywhere from $250 up to $1000)

#2 Big Bads - #PW-2 Top worn by Drusilla (sells for around $300-$500)

#3 10th Anniversary - #PW-12 Cap worn by Vi (sells around $200-$300)

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So are there any Buffy Inkworks cards that are truly tough to find, that you RARELY see for sale ?

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Well I can only go by my own experience and I have rarely seen the Hannigan and Trachtenberg autographs for sale. The full signature Carpenter is really tough and the Stake card makes an appearance once in a blue moon and is snapped up quickly.

As with everything, if money is not a concern I think that every one of these cards could be found. It's getting them at a good price that is the tough part.

I would actually add the John Ritter autograph to the list of hardest to find just because it doesn't carry such a high price, he was a popular actor and his death is well known.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
So are there any Buffy Inkworks cards that are truly tough to find, that you RARELY see for sale ?

I would say the full signature Charisma is definitely the card seen the least. Next would be the Stake card. They would both turn up more often years ago when the releases were more "current" but now, not so much.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post