Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Error cards
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted
While searching some boxes of non-sport cards, I found an unopened pack of Lion King. One of the cards has on the back #83...Man are you ugleeeee! on the front, there is the same words printed on the back, but an overprint picture of Anthony Bowie, Guard - Orlando Magic - NBA Hoop. Anyone else find printing error cards???

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mister E.:

Anyone else find printing error cards???

Where to start? Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:

Anyone else find printing error cards???

Where to start? Big Grin

Do-Re-Mi... start howling wolfie! Big Grin

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
I just posted this in the variant section...

http://i6.photobucket.com/albu...Cards/CR_TC06_bb.jpg

I'm still not sure how the numbering machine dropped a number like that.

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
While searching some boxes of non-sport cards, I found an unopened pack of Lion King. One of the cards has on the back #83...Man are you ugleeeee! on the front, there is the same words printed on the back, but an overprint picture of Anthony Bowie, Guard - Orlando Magic - NBA Hoop. Anyone else find printing error cards???

That doesn't sound right. How do you mix Lion King up with basketball? Two separate products, sport and non-sport, that is more than an error card. Eek

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Maybe stuck in printer?? And got overprinted?? Worth $$ ?? Metal

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:

Me thinks that should say 1300.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

NO NO NO NO.....Nothing wrong with the numbering !!!! That's today's math they teach in school !!! lol Roll Eyes

Posts: 201 | Location: Canada | Registered: July 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe stuck in printer?? And got overprinted?? Worth $$ ?? Metal

Most likely that the designer that set up the press sheet didn't back it up properly and the pressman didn't notice it. It's sloppy that they let that get away from them, but it happens. It's happened to me when I used to have to set up books in printer speads back in the day before the new printers that do it automatically for us.

Thank god for some good advances in technology. Razz

Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:

Me thinks that should say 1300.

You think so?! lol

Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:
And yes, Alex Ross did autograph it, just like he did every, single card in the set. Cool

Pure envy... Razz

posted Hide Post
Picked up this bonafide error card last week. This one has the wrong fabric swatch. The Charlie card should have a piece of his tan tshirt, but instead has a piece of Sawyer's shirt. I'm including a copy of the Sawyer card. I think this is pretty cool. Have you guys seen other instances of wrong material in a costume/pieceworks card? Apparently someone else out there could tell that this card was special...I paid a special price for this special card.

Posts: 57 | Location: Fayetteville, AR, USA | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of thoughtofyou13times
posted Hide Post
quote:
While putting together my master set of Kingdom Come cards, I came across this interesting error card:

(image adjusted for detail purposes)

The "Kingdom Come Classics" logo is obviously stamped on the card 3 times, but I don't think it's because it was stuck in the printer. If it were, why would one of the stamps be upside down? I think this was a card used to test the printer.

Anyway, the card has no value except for the fact that I think it's a cool card. And yes, Alex Ross did autograph it, just like he did every, single card in the set. Cool

I could not see your image on this kingdom come error card. could you send me a copy of it or repost it? my email is thoughtofyou13times@yahoo.com

Posts: 46 | Location: Sun Shine State of Mind | Registered: March 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:

That doesn't sound right. How do you mix Lion King up with basketball? Two separate products, sport and non-sport, that is more than an error card. Eek

This is kind of a necro post I guess, the thread has recently updated, but this post I am quoting is old. Anyway, it's not the first you got my sports in my nonposrts card set error Wink Check out this TOS Season One error. The conapny actually didn't beleive it had happened until they saw it with their own eyes!

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Those switched backs are great, totally screwed up the printing. Big Grin The same vendor must have been doing both products and somehow ran the wrong sheet.

I wonder how many got out with the wrong backs. There should be a premium for them if the number is small, but error cards seem generally less important to non-sport collectors.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Star Wars card 207(C3P0)Thats a good error card!!

Posts: 182 | Location: runcorn | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of thoughtofyou13times
posted Hide Post
would you consider a trade for this error? that is if there is anything youve been searching for ?

quote:
Here's a picture of the card:

Posts: 46 | Location: Sun Shine State of Mind | Registered: March 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just opened a box of Sky Box Lion King and found a different error than the Anthony Bowie. Front is "Sit down before you hurt yourself" with Pumbaa & Timon. On the back is the Eastern NBA All-Stars. I have an extra if someone is willing to trade for another error.

Posts: 1 | Location: denver, co | Registered: October 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post