Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Comic image Medallion and subset card question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Comic image Medallion and subset card question
 Login/Join

posted
I can't seem to find information on how many Medallion cards were made for each set.. I figured it was 5000.. but then I found a medallion card with a number over 5000...

What's the deal with ken barr's fantasy card set and the subset cards.. apparently they are super rare? Never seen one before..

Also what was the print run like for some of the official binders... i cannot for the life of me seem to find LuisRoyo Millennium binder as well as the Best of Hildebrandt binder... Did someone like buy them all up or something... Seriously.. two years of searching e-bay everyday and not once have I seen them.

Posts: 34 | Location: canada | Registered: April 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
According to my collection there were 43 different medallion cards issued and I have 42 of then (missing Tank Girl).
Some things that I note:
1. Comic Images also issued Bonus Cards (10) and Case cards (7) (but I am not counting them in my total)
2. To my dismay, I note that three of my cards are not numbered! (Gotta fix that, and soon)
3. Only a little over half of the cards actually have the outline of a medallion on the back of them.
4. The highest number of all of my numbered medallion cards is less than 4,000 (in fact 3395)
5. Frequency of insert seems to be 1:288 (but I am open to dispute on this.
6. There are two different back types of Conan3

There is a Ken Barr set on the 'bay right now for about $7.00 and the 6 card insert set for $10. I've never considered them "rare"

Posts: 509 | Location: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh yes the 6 card foil stamped and the 90 card set of ken barr are not rare.. i mean the 3 card subset... i have never seen it...

Posts: 34 | Location: canada | Registered: April 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post